Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyleschat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2013, 12:12 PM
    Change BDP Thermostat 34427DP117 wiring to Honeywell RTH3100C
    I have a BDP Thermostat 34427DP117 that I am trying to replace with a Honeywell RTH3100C. The BDP is wired thusly:
    G - Green
    Y - Yellow
    E - Black
    O - Orange
    W1 - White
    W2 - Blue
    F - White
    R - Red
    T - Green (A resistor is jumped from T to C)
    C - Brown (A resistor is jumped from T to C)

According to the Honeywell RTH3100C Installation Guide the proper conversion is:
    BDP to HONEYWLL
    G... G
    Y... Y
    E... E
    O... O
    W1... AUX (Should W1 & W2 be together?)
    W2... AUX (Should W1 & W2 be together?)
    F... L
    R... R
    T... Not Shown (What do I do with "T", and is the resistor jump still needed?)
    C... C
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2013, 02:11 AM
    First, do you have a heat pump or an electric heat/cool unit? It appears to be a heat pump from the way you have shown the wires to be, so far, but you have way too many wires. You will need to trace the wires from the inside and outside units to be correct. Start at the low voltage transformer inside the inside unit. One wire will be Common and the other will be "R." Common goes to one side of all relays and "R" is the wire supplying power to be switched in thermostat-the other side of the switches. "G" will go to fan relay, "W1 or 2" to heat strip relay or sequencers. That's all for inside unit. Then you have Common going outside along with "Y" and "O" and that's it. The wires are color coded to match the letters-R for red, G for green, etc. Make sure to turn off power to BOTH units before wiring. These are low voltage wires only which go to the coils of the relays. You have high voltage wiring as well which is being switched by the relays.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring Honeywell RTH3100C thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced my old mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C digital. My heatpump is an older Rheem. My wires are RED,YELLOW,GREEN, WHITE AND WHITE1. I connected the red,green,yellow to their respective terminals. I don't know what to do with the White1. The blower comes on and with the White...

Trying to install a Honeywell rth3100c thermostat but the wiring diagram does not mat [ 0 Answers ]

installing a Honeywell rth3100c thermostat however the wiring diagram does not match what is currently in place on the old mercury switch model my current connections w2-white y-yellow-g-green e-black r-red b-blue x-orange and terminal L and O are empty

Wiring Honeywell thermostat T8411r to RTH3100C [ 9 Answers ]

Hello everyone. If you have an answer or even a suggestion, to my problem please let me know. I have been going crazy trying to figure this out. I am replacing a bad Honeywell (T8411r) thermostat. The LED lights went out and I could no longer see to adjust the temp. The HVAC unit worked...

Thermostat wiring Honeywell rth3100c [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Weathertron Thermostat Model # baystat239 and try to convert to Honeywell RTH3100c. Connecting to weathertron thermostat currently are x2-black o-orange g-green y-yellow t-brown r-red w-white

View more questions Search