Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JordinElizabeth Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2013, 05:33 AM
    Running away
    My name is Jordin. I am a 16 year old female.
    Because of the bullying I encountered at school and things that are going on at home, I started to self harm. My dad is constantly telling me I am stupid and retarded and he has even left a bruise of his hand print on my arm. I'm not a bad kid. I don't swear or do drugs or anything like that. I do my chores and things but yet being in that house with my adoptive parents just isn't healthy for me. I want to run away or something but I don't know what to do. Please help.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 7, 2013, 05:39 AM
    Where would you run to?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2013, 05:42 AM
    Hi, Jordin,
    I am so sorry you are having so many troubles. I am 71 yrs old, been through a lot with my life and now a widower. We all have problems, and life can be very unfair to us all.
    Have you talked with a couselor, maybe one at school? They might be able to help you, or tell you who can. You really need to talk with someone about all this, before you decide to run away. There is really nowhere to go.
    I do wish you the best, and hope you will decide to talk with someone, even a Priest, Minister, or whoever. Good luck.

May 7, 2013, 05:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Where would you run to?
    My best girl friend would let me stay with her. Her family is fine with it and I don't eat much and I have a job to help pay for me

May 7, 2013, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg View Post
    Hi, Jordin,
    I am so sorry you are having so many troubles. I am 71 yrs old, been through a lot with my life and now a widower. We all have problems, and life can be very unfair to us all.
    Have you talked with a couselor, maybe one at school? They might be able to help you, or tell you who can. You really need to talk with someone about all this, before you decide to run away. There is really nowhere to go.
    I do wish you the best, and hope you will decide to talk with someone, even a Priest, Minister, or whoever. Good luck.
    I have talked to the school couselor. They don't do anything. I've been sent to the office multiple times from people seeing myself harm scars but nothing ever happens
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 7, 2013, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JordinElizabeth View Post
    my best girl friend would let me stay with her. her family is fine with it and i dont eat much and i have a job to help pay for me
    Your parents would allow that? Legally, they could bring you (a minor) home again.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 7, 2013, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JordinElizabeth View Post
    i have talked to the school couselor. they dont do anything. ive been sent to the office multiple times from people seeing my self harm scars but nothing ever happens
    You have told them that your father physically and verbally abuses you, and they do nothing? They know you self harm and do nothing? What have they told you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2013, 06:29 AM
    While laying his hands on you sounds wrong, I would like to know how this happened, if he grabbed you to hold on to you or what.

Sounds like they care and are wanting you to stop doing self harm. And that is not going to be fixed by running away.

What about talking to parents,and stop all self harm NOW,
    sassy712 Posts: 25, Reputation: 6

May 18, 2013, 04:56 PM
    You said they were your adopted parents?? Why haven't you told your case worker about all of this that's going on? They can't help you if they don't know... never run away from your problems... they always catch up with you in the long run. Facing them will make you stronger.
    mentormom63 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2013, 03:32 AM
    Once your adopted you don't have a case worker, or at least not in the state I am from. And we call them social workers. Go to the police, or to the child protective services in your community. And tell child protective services that you told your counselor at school about your situation, and they did nothing. In our state that would have had to have been reported immediately because all school employees are mandated to report these things. I don't know what kind of state of town you live in. but it sounds a little backwards. Please do this first before you run away, try to do things the legal way. In the state I am from we have wonderful social workers they would somehow try to legally help you to try to stay at your friends house. I have a daughter that has ran away, and it is heart breaking. But she ran away because she couldn't deal with her dad's illness, he was dying. Her father is fine now by the grace of god he got a liver transplant. But now we are dealing with the all the terrible things that happened to my daughter when she ran away. So please go to the police or the child protective services in your community. And self harm is a cry for help, that obviously people that are around you are blind to. And you need counseling for this. Good luck Honey your in my prayers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub leaks only when water is running out of tub spout not when shower is running [ 4 Answers ]

Bathtub on 2nd floor is leaking to unfinished basement ceiling below. It only leaks however when the water (both hot and cold) is running out of the tub spout. It does not leak once the shower is turned on--nor does the tub leak when it's draining. Can anyone give a best guess exactly where the...

91 honda civic dx suddenly dies while running. Have to hold key on to keep running [ 1 Answers ]

91 honda civic dx suddenly dies while running. I have to hold the key on far right start position to keep the car started. I let off the key and the car dies. Turn the key to the where the starter turns on and hold it there and the car stays running./ Any ideas what this could be?

Air Exchange in house running, outside motor running, Fan not turning [ 0 Answers ]

I have a RUUD #UAKA-024JAS man. 1995. The exchange in the house functions. When I turn the AC on the motor is running, but the fan isn't turning. I checked the breakers, which seemed to be fine. I disconnected the power and checked the fan, which spins freely. I need advice on how to fix this...

My condenser fan is running while my heat is running. It's a heil 4-t gas pak 14yrsold [ 1 Answers ]

The condenser fan on my 14 yr old heil 4-ton gas pak is running while the heat is on. I know its not supposed to but I'm not to sure where to start trouble shooting. My first instinct is the control board or the digital thermostat, (7 yrs old ) Can some one point me down the right path?

Bath tub shower spout & head running water running at same time [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a slight dripping problem(sayko system).i decided to replace all 3 stem assemblies together as they all were about 18 years old.after reassembling the new stems(danko brand),turned on the water supply & checked faucets.hot & cold worked fine but when the shower was turned on,water...

View more questions Search