Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kvl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2005, 05:12 AM
    Medical insurance
    Helo
    I am working in a private company.
    Living with 55 years old mother, wife and a kid.
    I heard something about medical insurance.
    Please tell me more about it and how this will helpful in my life.
    Please refer some reliable insurance company nearest to my location.
    I am living in bangalore, india

Thanks and regards

Vadivel.k

[email protected]
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2005, 06:07 AM
    India
    Hi,
    I don't know about doctor's charges and hospital charges (costs) in India.
    But, if you go to a doctor, do you have to pay him/her? Or, is it free?
    If a doctor visit is not free, or if a stay in a hospital is not free, you need Medical Insurance.
    If you fall, break a bone, have some other reason to go to an Emergency Room (is there such a thing in India?), then here in the United States would cost from 300 dollars US up to 500 dollars US approximately.
    Medical Insurance is set up to pay about 80% of that.
    You will have to check with the appropriate authorities in India to see if you can buy local Medical Insurance through your company you work for.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    mirage_jeck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2005, 09:16 PM
    Reposted.. some thoughts
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    I don't know about doctor's charges and hospital charges (costs) in India.
    But, if you go to a doctor, do you have to pay him/her? Or, is it free?
    If a doctor visit is not free, or if a stay in a hospital is not free, you need Medical Insurance.
    If you fall, break a bone, have some other reason to go to an Emergency Room (is there such a thing in India?), then here in the United States would cost from 300 dollars US up to 500 dollars US approximately.
    Medical Insurance is set up to pay about 80% of that.
    You will have to check with the appropriate authorities in India to see if you can buy local Medical Insurance through your company you work for.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    Some thoughts...

Depending on the plan for a family of 4, that's actually pretty reasonable.

One thing to be aware of is how much the deductibles are vs. the monthly
    Premiums.

YOu could pay a lesser monthly premium but higher out of pocket costs, and with
    Two young kids they tend to need to go to the doctors more often, so you want to
    Make sure you are not going to have to pay $100 dollars every time you go. For a
    Farily healthy single person they always say you can get away with a high
    Deductible,low monthly plan, but that's assuming you rarely have to go to the
    Doctor. Also assess your families needs. Realistically draw up a list of the
    Past two years on how often each family member visited a doctor for any reason.
    Also does you current plan have dental - a whole other consideration.

On consideration is if each member of the family has a doctor that they like and
    See, call their office and find out what health insurance they accept and of the
    Companies they tell you make sure they tell you if they are PPO or HMO plans as
    That will make a difference of what you want as well.

You might also try
    jendrich as they have some reasonbale rates and I have heard
    Some good things about them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you! Would like to get information on the Pituary Gland. Can anyone help?:o

Medical Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to retire from a large corporatation where I pay monthly premiums into our medical/dental plan. When I retire at end of year - that will stop and will purchase another family policy on my own. My wife has a travel agent business (a franchise - i.e. she receives a 1099 from them). My...

Medical Insurance/India [ 2 Answers ]

I need information on companies who offer medical insurance to US citizens living abroad who have existing medical conditions, please.

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

View more questions Search