Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DWC718 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2013, 05:38 PM
    What would it take to join the C.I.A. After high school?
    Im about to graduate in June. What kind of preparations would I need to go through to get a chance to join the agency?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 6, 2013, 05:43 PM
    Look here:

https://www.cia.gov/careers/index.html

Or call during Normal? Business hours (703)482-0623
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 6, 2013, 05:50 PM
    My friend's son went into the Navy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2013, 07:12 AM
    Unless you speak about 4 languages, most middle eastern, it is not going to happen.

They will want people, with BS and normally Master degrees from university.
    They will also look at military service. Which foreign language do you speak. Is it fluent, can you understand nationals in that lauange at regular speed talking.

Also what job, sweeping the floors and cleaning the toilets ? Most jobs are office and involve reviewing data, and reporting, or translation of documents or conversations
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 7, 2013, 07:38 AM
    For a little Excitement and Adventure try the Air Force PJ's.

May 7, 2013, 02:50 PM
    Yes I have done research. You're telling me things I already know. I'm looking for advice, not negativity.

May 7, 2013, 02:52 PM
    Thanks stratmando
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 7, 2013, 04:01 PM
    The only person I know who worked there sat in a basement translating Russian newspapers (and hated it). Although there are many kinds of jobs, I suspect that it's easy to get pigeonholed as he was. It isn't all cloak and dagger, guns and secrets, one exciting dangerous mission after another. Most of it isn't. If you are a super computer geek, that is a lot of what they do. But even that can be boring data gathering, not working on the invisible cloak.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2013, 05:22 PM
    My son looked into the FBI and CIA and learned that first, he needs at least a Bachelor's degree. Also, you need to be 25 or older and have some work experience behind you. You need to be fluent in a foreign language and you also should have a relevant education. Military experience can be helpful, in addition to being a good way to pay for school.

If the CIA is your dream I would recommend entering college and joining an ROTC program. When you graduate you will be a military officer, and can then complete your years of service while you wait to qualify to work for these federal agencies. Call the CIA and ask to talk to someone about their requirements and get personal advice, as well as looking at their website.

A lot of people have dreams of working for the CIA and FBI as well as for the Secret Service so you need to be a very strong candidate. A high school diploma alone is not going to do it.

We also learned that individuals who have ever taken medications for ADHD or ADD are not eligible for military service. I do not know if this is also the case for working for secret service, CIA or FBI but I imagine it probably is.

Have you considered joining the military or going to college?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need copy of high school diploma asp? I graduated 1968 Downey High School, L.A. CA [ 1 Answers ]

I need a copy of my High School Diploma from Downey High School, graduated in 1968. Where would I be able to obtain a copy?

John adams high school/online high school diploma [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I pass the online high school diploma test,I want to pay so I can receive my certificate. What do I need to do

Is it OK to join another high school in a different country when still in High School [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I am a Ugadan who I badly wants to leave the school am in and go to another country and get on with my studies. My parents are willing to pay any amount of money to make sure I go.Is it possible to join another High School outside my country even though I am not done with High school. If...

Is a Junior in high school dating a freshman in high school odd? Or weird? [ 28 Answers ]

I mean my motto or what I said was 2 yrs was my max! But I've always gotten older girls if not same age girls. Or I was older by like a couple months. But this freshman in particular stuck out and I took the chance and we have been dating for a month. She will be 15 while I'm still 16 so its not 2...

After school programs to join for high school [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so I just entered high school and I am not the kind of person that knows much about sports and I am really stuck in what kinds of after school activities I should sign up for can anyone give me a few ideas

View more questions Search