Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nazarene1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2013, 02:00 PM
    Legalize parent
    What forms do I need to fill out to legalize a parent who entered the country legally? i.e. agricultural visa, but, the visa has expired?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 6, 2013, 02:31 PM
    In what country?. in the USA they are going to have to leave... apply for a new Visa.. and if they get another come back... you can't simply fill out forms for someone who is illegal and make them legal.

And they are illegal... as their VISA is expired... they had to either renew it BEFORE it expired... or leave before it expired.
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

May 6, 2013, 03:10 PM
    Are you a U.S. citizen over 21? If so, your parent can adjust status here. You guys should file I-130, I-485, and I-765, all in the same package (you fill out the I-130, and the parent fills out the I-485 and I-765). If the parent has overstayed for a long time, the parent should not leave the country until they get the green card.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I legalize my boyfriend if he got deported? [ 1 Answers ]

So my boyfriend has been in the u.s for more than 15 years.. we've been together for 7, we have 2 kids,. he got a dui in 2009 got deported... can I? And if I can, how do I fix him paper??

Best way to legalize when entered illegaly at the age of 2 yrs. Old.. [ 2 Answers ]

I filed a petition 2 yrs ago for my husband that entered illegaly at the age of 2 yrs. Old. We are married and have 1 child would like to know what is the best way to obtain his residency with out being deported?

How to legalize power of Attorney [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian Citizen living in USA and would like to execute a general power of attorney (PoA) to my mother, residing in India to take care of my deeds in my absence. Do anyone know the procedure to execute PoA from USA to be legalized in India? Any help is appreciated! CL

Why belford university is not legalize [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks for your time. I want to sure is belford university is legalize and accridated degree and can I take a good position in my job as a pharmacy? I hope to hear from you soon. Mortagy rashed

Legalize it! [ 42 Answers ]

Hello: The ACLU of Washington has producted a 30 minute infomercial on pot legalization. Rick Steves, the travel guru who has a show on PBS is the host. It's only available here so far, but I'll bet it shows up on YouTube in short order. Marijuana | It's time for a conversation » Home Is...

View more questions Search