Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 6, 2013, 05:29 AM
    University Degrees
    I was discussing with a close friend here in China. They have their Masters Degree and are working on their PhD. From the university where I teach here in China.

They were saying, that if they moved to the US, their degrees are not honored if they go to US, and want to teach at a University there.

Is there some system or exchange program. This is a very good friend, and I can't seem to find the information.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 6, 2013, 08:21 AM
    The question of whether a degree from a particular univerisity in China (or any foreign country for that matter) would be recognized by a school in the US is up to the school. My guess would be that graduates of internationally acclaimed schools would have no problem, particularly if they want to take a position as a lecturer or adjunct faculty (as opposed to tenure-track). The only way to know for sure is to ask the specific US university your friend is interested in. However, my advice to anyone wishing to pursue a career teaching in the US as a full professor at the university level should strongly consider obtaining their graduate degree in the US.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 6, 2013, 08:21 AM
    From what I am reading some PhD programs are recognized and others are not - here's one that is: Five Branches University » DOCTORATE/Ph.D.

Has he contacted specific Universities concerning his specific course of study?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculate: Heating 235 g of water from 22.6 degrees C to 94.4 degrees C in a microwav [ 1 Answers ]

I guess we must use c=lambda*frequency...

What is your opinion of the University of Phoenix online degrees? [ 2 Answers ]

While the University of Phoenix appears to have the right credentials and qualifications, I would like to know exactly what the people who do the hiring think of applicants who have degrees from the University of Phoenix. I do not want to put money and effort into something that will do nothing...

Is TUI University formerly (Touro University Intl) rec. By US DEPT of ED. [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the military and I was thinking of starting a Master's Degree at TUI University. I just wanted to know if I am wasting my time or is this degree going to be useful in the civilian world. i.e. is it recognized and Accredited by the U.S Dept of Education, like maybe IU, PURDUE Or Notre dame?...

View more questions Search