Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 6, 2013, 05:14 AM
    Things that sneak up on us
    Hello:

I LOVE food, but it snuck up on us. I LOVE business, but it snuck up too. The truth is, I LOVE guns, but they snuck up on us.. I didn't mind illegal Mexican workers, but of course, they snuck up on us. I LOVE being protected by the police, and YES, they're sneaking up on us too.

We LOVED cigarettes. They snuck up on us. The difference is, we DID something about it. We're not doing anything about that other stuff. If we don't, they'll take us over.

I'll bet some of you haven't a clue what I'm talking about... That's OK. You can go back to the flower page now.

excon
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

May 7, 2013, 03:14 AM
    Policy needs to be change.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 8, 2013, 01:11 PM
    I'd be more concerned about who understands you than who doesn't.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 8, 2013, 01:14 PM
    Are you okay, excon? There's probably a pretty nurse near you who would be more than willing to take your temp.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 8, 2013, 01:35 PM
    Exy, if your food is sneaking up on you the only advice I can offer is to have it killed before you purchase it. ;)

We have a flower page?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 8, 2013, 05:37 PM
    But Ex it's the "law". Don't we have to follow it like sheeple ?
    Uber Member

May 9, 2013, 05:05 AM
    Hello again,

I'd be more concerned about who understands you than who doesn't.
    Really??

Ok, I'll spell it out..

Food used to be good for us - now it's not. I don't know WHEN that happened.. Business used to be good for us too.. We RAN the world, but then business turned on US. They don't SERVE us anymore.. They STEAL from us... Guns didn't seem to be a problem, but now that EVERYBODY including the NUTS have 10 or 20 with HUGE magazines, it IS a problem.

Now, it may be just me, but I believe the cops USED to be the good guys, and now they're not. That snuck up on me too. Do YOU know of anything that snuck up on you?

Maybe I'm the only one in the world who thinks like that.. If so, I'll live with it, Underlings...

Excon
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 9, 2013, 05:08 AM
    Age snuck up on me.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2013, 03:53 PM
    Newton's Third Law
    For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

We (especially politicians) tend to forget about that.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 14, 2013, 07:05 PM
    I agree with J aging is a b*t*h. Turn around one day and all of a sudden you are aching all over... :)

You do realize that all of you and everything that you see, smell, hear and touch is just an illusion created by my mind don't you? Kind of like a matrix that when I close my eyes for the last time... well it is all over for all... it will all fade to emptiness...

Stringer
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 14, 2013, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    You do realize that all of you and everything that you see, smell, hear and touch is just an illusion created by my mind don't you? Kind of like a matrix that when I close my eyes for the last time....well it is all over for all......... it will all fade to emptiness.........
    Then, when you hear laughing and talking, you will open your eyes and see that you are in the middle of our celestial party!
    Pets Expert

May 14, 2013, 07:22 PM
    My daughter just snuck up on me. Scared the holy hell out of me. I think she just knocked 2 years off my life.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 14, 2013, 08:29 PM
    I think not... when it's gone it's gone.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 15, 2013, 04:18 AM
    Oh! Oh! How about gravity!
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jun 3, 2013, 03:47 PM
    Changes in technology really snuck up on me and made me feel older. We went from vinyl records, cassette tapes, cds and now digital downloads. Just like VHS tapes, DVD, then Blu-Ray. I still remember hotmail being really modern and cutting edge when I was starting college, now it's considered dated, I never used things like Myspace, Twitter and Facebook.
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2013, 03:52 PM
    Hello earl:

My VCR was the last bit of technology I understood. Now, I don't know an HDMI cable from an optical one..

excon
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jun 3, 2013, 03:53 PM
    I hate hooking things up too, for my next TV, I'm getting one with a built in DVD player, that will simplify things.
    Pets Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello earl:

My VCR was the last bit of technology I understood. Now, I don't know an HDMI cable from an optical one..

excon
    Okay, you lost me after you said VCR.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Okay, you lost me after you said VCR.
    The sad thing is that I am at a high technology school. I can't do enough to keep ahead of my students. Yikes!.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2013, 04:45 PM
    I just bought a vcr at Goodwill. I need them so I can hook my dvd machines to my old 18 inch deep tvs. I am not exactly cutting edge in my technology. I think I started falling behind about the time the newfangled tv's with remote control came into being (a few years back).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ways to sneak into a movie set? [ 3 Answers ]

I heard about a movie that might be getting filmed around where I live and I'm going to be an actress so obviously I need to find a way to get there. Far fetched or not I will do anything that'll work. Don't tell me to make nice with security because I've tried it.

Is it normal behavior for my 4-year-old to sneak in to watch parents have sex? [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my husband have a 4 year old and we are very careful not to allow our son to see or hear any sexual deeds that we do, yet we found a few times our son has been caught sneaking around the corner or in our room without us noticing. Mind you we only do things when he is asleep to our...

View more questions Search