Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smearcase View Post
    I just bought a vcr at Goodwill. I need them so I can hook my dvd machines to my old 18 inch deep tvs. i am not exactly cutting edge in my technology. I think I started falling behind about the time the newfangled tv's with remote control came into being (a few years back).
    Don't even get me started about remote controls. My husband is very high tech, all the new gadgets. We have 5 remotes to control the TV, the DVD, the xbox, and the speaker system. At this point I can't use the TV in the family room because I don't even know how to turn the darn thing on! He showed me once. There are at least 5 buttons you have to push, in sequence, to turn on the TV, then another remote and more buttons to turn on the sound. Heaven forbid you want to watch a movie on DVD, that requites all 5 remotes and more buttons than I'm willing to learn how to use.

That's why AMHD is such a godsend. I can't watch TV!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 3, 2013, 06:10 PM
    Yes, technology is sneaking up on me like a puddy tat on little fog feet.
    I bought a smart TV last year. I still sit here playing with the smart remote (only has a few buttons; everything is on the TV screen). The cursor never goes past the edge, and I can move it around right through a wall, my TV, people, maybe even lead for all I know. It's magic.
    When I lost cable in a storm the other day, a tech had to come out. He said that the neighbor's brand new TV was fried too, but that mine was designed so that all the extra HDMI slots could take over for the fried TV slot. It wasn't even a feature mentioned in the LG manual!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2013, 07:01 PM
    Ex do you every worry you have too much time on your hands?
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 4, 2013, 05:08 AM
    Remember when Blackberry's used to be called PDA's. I said that the other day and was laughed out of the room. That made me feel old. Boston sure snuk up on the Leafs this year, I'm also not sure when my belly button snuk up on my boobs :p
    Pets Expert

Jun 4, 2013, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Remember when Blackberry's used to be called PDA's. I said that the other day and was laughed out of the room. That made me feel old. Boston sure snuk up on the Leafs this year, I'm also not sure when my belly button snuk up on my boobs :p
    Bella, I remember when blackberry's were something you baked into a pie, or made into jam.

You can see your belly button? Lucky girl. ;)
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 4, 2013, 04:57 PM
    Haha still visible, for a few more years I hope lol!
    Pets Expert

Jun 4, 2013, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    Haha still visable, for a few more years I hope lol!
    Ya, wait until you're in your 40's. I lost me feet too. I'm sure they're there, because I can still walk, but I haven't seen them in a while.

Darn boobs.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 4, 2013, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Ya, wait until you're in your 40's. I lost me feet too. I'm sure they're there, because I can still walk, but I haven't seen them in a while.

Darn boobs.
    Why do you think they call them knockers?? ;)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 4, 2013, 06:30 PM
    A spider just snuck up on me. But I have a feeling this isn't the kind of sneeking thing excon was trying to talk about. You know he's all about politics. :(
    Pets Expert

Jun 4, 2013, 06:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Why do you think they call them knockers ??? ;)
    LOL! I swear that I'm just one wardrobe malfunction away from ending up in the news. The headlines would read "Woman's bra breaks, 10 injured".
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 4, 2013, 07:03 PM
    How do you catch a unique rabbit?
    You neak up on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ways to sneak into a movie set? [ 3 Answers ]

I heard about a movie that might be getting filmed around where I live and I'm going to be an actress so obviously I need to find a way to get there. Far fetched or not I will do anything that'll work. Don't tell me to make nice with security because I've tried it.

Is it normal behavior for my 4-year-old to sneak in to watch parents have sex? [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my husband have a 4 year old and we are very careful not to allow our son to see or hear any sexual deeds that we do, yet we found a few times our son has been caught sneaking around the corner or in our room without us noticing. Mind you we only do things when he is asleep to our...

View more questions Search