Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aleutchik80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2013, 11:23 PM
    Lymph node
    I have a lymph node that be swollen and hurting under my jaw on the left side! It causes bad migraines, nausea, and sore throat! I've had it for two months now maybe little longer. It is very painful! I am scared that its cancer or something serious. I've had no help at my hospital they keep telling me to wait it out! Can you give me some advice on what it could be or how to treat it? Can thrush cause these symptoms?
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

May 5, 2013, 02:33 AM
    Really can't tell anything. You have to see MD.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

May 5, 2013, 04:57 AM
    Not being able to examine you, it's a little difficult.

But, I thought I should let you know that it probably is NOT cancer. Cancerous lymph nodes are generally painless and do not present like you're describing. Obviously this doesn't necessarily rule it out, but it is VERY unlikely.

Also, no it probably isn't thrush either. Unless you have a white furry looking tongue/mouth.

It sounds like you could have some sort of infection which is causing you headache and sore throat. With the length of time it has lasted my first guess would be mono, but I don't know if you have any of the other symptoms that this would cause. It could also be any number of other illnesses, like I said being on the internet makes this a bit harder.

Your best bet is to see a doctor who will listen to you so they can find out what it is and find the right treatment so you can get rid of it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Enlarged lymph node [ 1 Answers ]

Enlarged lymph node on the left side of collarbone... no pain is mobile and has been there for 2 years. Recently had a tooth removed with a large pocket of infection in the jawbone

Pain in lymph node [ 0 Answers ]

I am 41years old. I went to the hospital Saturday because I had pain in a lymph node at my jaw line. It hurt to swallow cough and laugh. There were and still are no symptoms. The ER doctor checked my ears and throat He did not give me anything to take. Its 4 days later and it still hurts. Why?

Significants of lymph node [ 3 Answers ]

Not long ago I had a small bulge behind my ear.To me it appeared to be a swollen lymph node.It was about an eighth of an inch in diameter.In two to four weeks time in went down.I can hardly feel it now not unless I press hard where it was.What could possibly be the cause of it?

Swollen lymph node [ 8 Answers ]

How do I know I have a swollen lymph node? I have a couple lymph nodes that slightly (very slightly, probably 0.2cm) protrude from my neck, each being no more than 1cm in diameter (1 might 1.5 cm, but no more)? I saw my GP and she said those WERE the lymph nodes and they're supposed to protrude...

View more questions Search