Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

May 4, 2013, 06:11 PM
    Can someone please help me find the title of this book?
    Hello all!

I don't know if anyone could please help me find a book. It's a kids/adolescents book and it takes place during the same era as the little house on the prairie books, but I don't think it's related to them.

The cover had a picture of a girl with braids sitting on a log over a creek. She was wearing a reddish calico dress and no shoes.

The only major parts of the story I remember are that the girl goes to school for the first time in town and has to learn how to read and decides to go see her friend on a neighboring farm during a lunch break and they play with kittens and she gets back late and gets in trouble.

Thank you!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 4, 2013, 08:26 PM
    Little Farm in the Ozarks (Little House, The Rocky Ridge Years): Roger Lea MacBride, David Gilleece: 9780064405102: Amazon.com: Books
    Name:  71pzGHZgzxL._SX225_.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  20.1 KB
    Meet Rose Wilder, Laura Ingalls Wilder's daughter, and the last of the Little House girls.Going fishing for the first time, starting in a new school, saving the farmhouse from a fire-these are the elements of young Rose Wilder's first year at Rocky Ridge Farm. She has moved there with her parents, Laura and Almanzo, to begin a new life in the Missouri Ozarks. Rose feels out of place as the new girl in her class but gradually gains confidence, and Rocky Ridge truly becomes her home.Little Farm in the Ozarks is the second book in The Rose Years, an ongoing series about another spirited girl from America's most beloved pioneer family.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 5, 2013, 02:32 AM
    I LOVED all her books, but don't think I read this one. Thanks, Wondergirl.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

May 5, 2013, 04:35 AM
    AWESOME!!

Thank you so much!

Haha it was related to the Little House on the Prairie books after all. Haha.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to find a book title? [ 0 Answers ]

What's the name of that book that a women wrote about abuse she encountered as a young women with her mother. The book name has the word web in it. They end up living in a cult compound where the young women, her mother, and the rest of the family of abused by one older man.

Find a book title [ 2 Answers ]

A terrorist crashes a concord in the gardens of babylon

Where do I find a romance book title for a book I can't remember? [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a book from the 90's, it has home in the title, and the main characters are helen and rafe.

View more questions Search