Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lprather65503 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2013, 06:01 PM
    I think my mom is cheating on my dad
    Ok, so every day for about 3 months my mom has been talking and texting this man.I started to get suspicious because I woke up at 4 am and she was talking to him. So I got more suspicious so I looked at her text messages with this man and it says I took off for you baby and that you are making me cry and saying I wish I could be there with you. So today I read them again and it said that I am horny. I think he sent her a picture of his penis because he said is your wet and she said super. So he asked her for some picture and I think she sent some because she said don't tell. Im so sick of it and I really don't like my mom at all I hate her with all my heart now, What should I do should I tell my dad and I'm afraid to tell my mom that I saw her messages. How do I tell her without her getting offensive for looking at her messages. Please I have been crying every day and listening to punk rock. I am getting depressed please I'm only a tween(12)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 4, 2013, 06:04 PM
    You have no business in reading her messages. And if you have already told your dad then allow him to deal with it. They are the adults in this situation.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

May 5, 2013, 08:10 AM
    I don't think you've told your dad yet.

It is a terrible position for you to be in. I agree with cdad that you should not be going through her phone, but it's likely you would have found other ways to confirm your suspicions.

Maybe nothing has happened yet between your mother and this man, other than some texting.

I would suggest that you should talk to someone you trust. Maybe your grandmother/grandfather or an aunt, or a close friend of your mother's. Give the burden you carry, to an adult. Tweens should not have to deal with this.

I think it is important to resolve this, for yourself. If you say nothing, and nothing comes to pass with your mother and this man, even down the road, you will always have doubts, and you'll likely feel that you allowed it to happen, because you didn't speak up.

Let an adult you trust, know. That way you won't betray one parent over the other, and let the adults deal with this.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2013, 10:10 AM
    You are one in thousands of young children caught up in families that really don't care, and have no Christian lives, or really care about each other.
    Please tell your Dad about all this, and then let them handle it. You will be caught up even more if you don't tell him. She might eventually see this other man and have an affair! Good luck.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 5, 2013, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg View Post
    You are one in thousands of young children caught up in families that really don't care, and have no Christian lives, or really care about each other.
    Please tell your Dad about all this, and then let them handle it. You will be caught up even more if you don't tell him. She might eventually see this other man and have an affair! Good luck.
    "Christian Lives" has nothing to do with anything here and it is wrong for you to insinuate that if you're not Christian then there will be bigger issues in your life... wrong, wrong, wrong. So what if this girl is Jewish, or Muslim, or whatever? Because her family isn't leading a "Christian Life" they are doomed to have these issues?

You also don't know if she has seen this other guy yet or not and putting the burden on a kids shoulders to tell the father to avoid this is also wrong. There is no telling which way this could go.

I agree with Jake, a trusted adult should probably be told as this is too much for a 12 year old to keep inside and have to deal with on their own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My mom is cheating on my dad [ 5 Answers ]

Ok. Today I looked at my moms phone and was looking thought her pictures. There was a picture of this guy and I thought It was her friend. So I looked at her messages & I found the persons messages and he was sending nude pics and mom sent them back!! What do I do? Im too afraid to tell my mom what...

What to do if you think your mom is cheating on your dad? [ 6 Answers ]

I think my mom is cheating on my dad. Im thirteen. SO like one night when she was looking over my research paper, I accidentally read one of her emails, because like it was rite in front of me. Ive also heard her talk on the phone him. I also know he lives out of state, I think Ohio. I don't know...

My mom is cheating on my dad [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a 14 yr old girl and I accidentally saw my moms cell phone messages and they were a guy whom she was chatting with and complaining about my dad and also calling that other guy 'darling' and sweetu and asking him if he would Want to join her for a shower... Should I confront her or should I...

I think my mom is cheating on my dad [ 5 Answers ]

Hey I'm 14 years old and I think my mom is cheating on my dad. They've been married about 16 years and I don't remember the last time I saw them happy. They are always constantly fighting and mad at each other. Anyway I began getting suspicious a couple years ago when my mom was always on her...

What do you do if you know your mom is cheating on your dad? [ 2 Answers ]

It all started when my mom brought this guy to our house and they were both in her bed while my dad was at work and she was naked and he had his boxers on and my dad caught them. The rest I am to embarresed to mention but they still talk to each other on the phone and she lies to me and says that...

View more questions Search