Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carebear0550 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2013, 04:23 PM
    Fundraising for Kenya
    Hello. Is there any crafts and activities that anyone can think of for a 12 year old to make money with. I am trying to raise enough money for a trip to Kenya for myself.
    Any crafts or fundraisers would be greatly appreciated.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 3, 2013, 08:10 PM
    Exactly WHO is going to let a 12 year old travel to Kenya by themselves?
    springfall79 Posts: 12, Reputation: -1
    -

May 3, 2013, 08:44 PM
    I have some ideas :
    You can help organize a fundraiser for instants selling home-made crafts, food, old toys, old clothes etc. You can get money for that using it on the tickets, and then save up more $ for a orphanage, building a school. Whatever you think people would give their money for a GOOD CAUSE ONLY.

May 10, 2013, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by springfall79 View Post
    I have some ideas :
    You can help organize a fundraiser for instants selling home-made crafts, food, old toys, old clothes etc. You can get money for that using it on the tickets, and then save up more $ for a orphanage, building a school. Whatever you think people would give their money for a GOOD CAUSE ONLY.
    Those are some great ideas! Thanks!

May 10, 2013, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Exactly WHO is going to let a 12 year old travel to Kenya by their self?
    It won't be entirely by myself some more kids form school were planning on going if they could fundraise enough.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear0550 View Post
    It won't be entirely by myself some more kids form school were planning on going if they could fundraise enough.
    OK.. Chaperoned school trip... You should have mentioned that up front... it really does make all the difference.

However a school trip with underage schoolkids to a third world poor foreign country... I see so many things that can go wrong.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 07:06 PM
    But of all the places in the world you could go that have actual historical significance... England... Italy, France Germany... etc... why such an insignificant place with almost no historical or cultural significance like Kenya?

May 17, 2013, 05:29 PM
    But of all the places in the world you could go that have actual historical significance....England...Italy, France Germany...etc......why such an insignificant place with almost no historical or cultural significance like Kenya?
    We're going there to help build schools, and water facilities.
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2013, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear0550 View Post
    We're going there to help build schools, and water facilities.
    12 year old's are going to build schools and water facilities? What does any 12 year old know about anything needed to accomplish either of those tasks... they both require very specialized knowledge and experience... none of which you get in a primary school.

Hate to bust your bubble... But while I actually do have much of the skill sets needed to do those (most people don't) under the management of professionals in the fields (I do lack the technical knowledge to design and head up those projects).
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 6, 2013, 06:21 PM
    12 year old's are going to build schools and water facilities? What does any 12 year old know about anything needed to accomplish either of those tasks...they both require very specialized knowledge and experience...none of which you get in a primary school.
    And why spend thousands of dollars to get there? All that money could easily benefit someone in her own back yard, in her own town.

My son's church sent annual groups to Haiti to rebuild -- noble, but they finally figured out they would do better helping people in their own county, in their own town.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need sponsors for a trip to kenya. [ 3 Answers ]

I need to raise money for a trip I'm going on in two summers time. It is a trip to help different communitys in kenya. It is a rather expensive trip and I need all the money I can get. I was wondering whether you have any ideas to raise money or if you know any companys that will be interested in...

Questions about Kenya.. . [ 11 Answers ]

I am doing a report on Kenya and I need to find the top 6 sports in Kenya but I can only find the top 3 1 Football (Soccer to us in Canada) 2 Long distance Running 3 Cricket 4 5 6 Help??

Does your university have campus in Kenya [ 2 Answers ]

Does your university have campus in Kenya? How do students from Kenya attend classes

How to adopt when my sister who is in kenya [ 1 Answers ]

How to edopt my 13 years old sister who has no mother and father and lives in kenya and I live in canada

View more questions Search