Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    papparoo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2013, 11:13 AM
    How do I tell a girl how I feel?
    I'm 46 and she is 44. We have been really good friends for 35 years. We have never been available, either she was in a relationship or I was. This is first time we are both available. I told her I'm done with my ex, and 2 days later she was done with her ex.

Now she needs a place to stay so she is staying with me. I have always felt very strong about her and I really want to tell her but if she is not into me, she might end our friendship. ( Can't have that)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 3, 2013, 11:58 AM
    Sadly this is one of those times that you either take the risk, or let it go. Those are your options.

You're not children. If you tell her how you feel, and she doesn't feel the same way, you're both mature enough to handle remaining friends.

Personally, I think you should tell her that you've always found her attractive, and you've always wondered what would happen if the two of you got together, and you want to know if she has the same feelings for you. Put in a "but" clause", "but, if you don't, I really don't want this to ruin our friendship. I value your friendship more than anything. I just felt you should know how I feel".

Do keep in mind that you both just got out of relationships. She may not be ready to consider dating anyone else right now.

Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 3, 2013, 04:28 PM
    I would be cool and see what happens myself. See if friends works in such close quarters before you confess feelings for more. What's the hurry for a title, commitment, and romance?

How long will she need a place to stay since she obviously just broke up and moved away from a boyfriend? Actually that would make you both rebounds.
    springfall79 Posts: 12, Reputation: -1
    -

May 3, 2013, 08:39 PM
    This process will take a long time for you and your friend to build a strong relationship, I suggest talking about small things and once you two have been interested you guys can talk about dating etc. Just give it sometime, also find out if she likes you back the same way or as just a friend. Knowing that will help you build a relationship. Good luck!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 3, 2013, 08:48 PM
    Ummm... what are the odds that she just happened to be done with her ex 2 days after you were done with yours?
    Astronomically small.

I say take it easy as others are saying but for a different reason. I'm a little worried by what sounds like naïveté on your part.
    All these coincidences... if you don't see what is going on then is it possible that you are a bit clueless?

If not, then hey, jump right in to the deep end, and make up for 35 years of lost time!

May 5, 2013, 04:19 AM
    I wrote a note telling her how I feel that I would wait. Left it so she could read it. She has not yet but today I am leaving her here alone. Ty for your help

May 7, 2013, 08:57 PM
    She has seen the note but didn't say anything and now she is acting like there is something between her and her ex... im thinking she is trying to see if there is something left before she says something to me...
    Its like she is wanting me to hear her tell him she loves him and she is calling him a lot more.. I don't want to push the fact that I love her but my love is 35 yrs long and WILL NEVER DIE...
    In the note I said that in my heart I will always wait for her..
    Does anyone have an idea what to do next?. im thinking I should just wait... or should I push the note?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 8, 2013, 05:52 AM
    I think you are better served to go back to the boundaries that kept this friendship alive for 35 years. Trying to push the envelop so soon after you both have had life changing events (failed relationships) is a disaster and impulsive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tell this girl how I feel? [ 3 Answers ]

I really like this girl, but there is an age difference. I have know her over 10 months now. When she's around me she asks a lot of questions about my life , she bites and licks her lips , she picks with her fingernails and sometimes blushes. However , she suddenly started avoiding me . I am very...

How to tell a girl how you feel [ 21 Answers ]

So I am in year 10, going on year 11 and there is this girl in my form group that I have liked her for years now and I want to know how to ask her out and tell her how I feel. A simple task I hear you say? Wrong. The catch is that earlier this year I ask her out via note/letter which ended...

How to tell a girl how you feel [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very big problem.. I love this girl but I'm to afraid to express my feelings to her because I'm to afraid that she might rejected me.. I really really really love her but this fear inside me is controlling me! Damn.. What should I do? T_T

How do you tell a girl how you really feel about her? [ 7 Answers ]

There is this amazing girl. The first thing that I noticed about her was that she has a beautiful smile. She is Christian, and on top of that, she acts like one. She treats everyone equally. My problem is that I can get very nervous when I am near her. She and my sister are very good friends, and...

How to tell a girl how you feel about her? [ 13 Answers ]

So I found out I am useless at flirting. I just can't do it. I need to tell this girl how I feel about her before she gets bored with me because I think I am coming across as indifferent. I really like her, I want to start something serious with her, not just to be friends. How do I let her know...

View more questions Search