Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michelaRS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2013, 05:45 AM
    Where do I start to become a Zoologist?
    I am wanting to become a zoologist. I wish to study animals in their own habitat. What are some of the colleges here in the United States with the best program I am needing to start?

What kind of Degree is best for working with the big game animals such as Tigers, Lions, and so on?

What classes are needed?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 3, 2013, 06:10 AM
    How old are you ?
    michelaRS Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2013, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    How old are you ?
    I am currently 17 but I am looking to get into college as soon as possible. I have Graduated early.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

May 3, 2013, 07:54 AM
    You are graduated, which subject. Doing a bachelor degree in zoology could be start up. Later you can do masters and Ph.D in the subject you want to research.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 3, 2013, 07:56 AM
    You are looking for specific colleges and classes/programs, right?

Your high school grades and subject will matter. A high school "major" will not. You need to be "heavy" in science and math.

Here's a list of the best of the best: Colleges Offering a Major in Zoology/Animal Biology - College Toolkit

After you get your basic degree you can work on an advanced degree in your speciality.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm looking to become a zoologist. How do I start? [ 15 Answers ]

I'm currently in high school and I am interested in getting into zoology. I like working with animals, and a job at the zoo or saving/rescuing animals Sounds fun! How do I get started and what degrees are available for this field? Thanks guys, -MaGiC_DaN90

How to become a zoologist [ 1 Answers ]

Ive been out of high school for a couple years and am intersted in becoming a zoologist. I screwed off in high school but since Ive been out I realized I want to pursue my dream of working with reptiles and other exotics for a living. What do I need to do

How to become a zoologist [ 4 Answers ]

Hi , My daughter wants to be a zoologist she is in her final year at school , is there any courses that she can take in college or would it be best for her to stay on at 6th form.:) :)

How do I become a zoologist [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in becoming a zoologist. I graduated high school in 2001 and have not been to college. I am working as an Event Coordinator now. Where do I start?

What do I need to become a zoologist? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi imm in yr 10 and need hrlp I want to be a zoologist but don't know what I need to study or degrees. :confused: Please help Thanks jayde

View more questions Search