Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tauthail Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2007, 03:46 AM
    Arterial Plaque
    I am interested in learning natural proven remedies for reducing/eliminating arterial
    plaque. I am not in any danger as I had bypass surgery 18 months ago. While I am on statins and other meds(total cholesterol=149 Ldl=70) I am
    looking at options for maintanence.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 22, 2007, 03:51 AM
    Seeing as you had bypass surgery and are on meds at the present time, I would not presume to advice you on any further methods to reduce clogged arteries. I suggest you ask your doctor if you feel you are not doing enough to correct this problem. The fact that you did have bypass, indicates that you had quite a problem to begin with.
    tauthail Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2007, 03:08 AM
    Tickle,

I was asking specifically about natural remedies to supplement the conventional meds.
    Obviously I had clogged arteries. Asking the Doctor about natural remedies would be
    An exercise in futility as cardiologists stick to conventional meds . Anyone else?
    biddiekay Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2013, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tauthail View Post
    Tickle,

I was asking specifically about natural remedies to supplement the conventional meds.
    Obviously I had clogged arteries. Asking the Doctor about natural remedies would be
    An exercise in futility as cardiologists stick to conventional meds . Anyone else?
    Asking a MD about natural remedies is definitely an exercise in futility. They still don't accept chiropractic treatment today for the biggest part. I am a brand new member here, so I don't know if I can post an email address or not. But if it is allowed I would give you one to email me as I believe in alternative treatment and natural supplemental treatment.
    biddiekay Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2013, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by biddiekay View Post
    Asking a MD about natural remedies is definitely an exercise in futility. They still don't accept chiropractic treatment today for the biggest part. I am a brand new member here, so I don't know if I can post an email address or not. But if it is allowed I would give you one to email me as I believe in alternative treatment and natural supplemental treatment.
    I will try email address. All they can do is not let it go through I guess.
    Brendamike at mail dot com
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 20, 2013, 04:19 PM
    @biddiekay
    I don't agree that general practitioners are reluctant to advise on natural remedies. Nurse Practitioners, now legal in Ontario, are very open to discussing naturopathic alternatives. They will even recommend doctors specializing in this practice.

Wherever did you get this idea from?

This is, however, an old thread from 2007. Better to check the date of these before responding to them. It is possibly a waste of time on your part.

On this site, you may want to take note, we are not allowed to diagnose, or recommend treatments.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2013, 07:05 AM
    To ask the average dr about alternative meds. You need to look for doctors that are using CAM Complementary, Alternative, or Integrative Health: What Also look for chiropractors that are doing natural alternative doctors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search