Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2007, 03:04 AM
    Zone Alarm Free Issue
    I got a new computer last week, and installed Zone Alarm Free.

No problems since then except for today, when I got a "blocked" message. I can Access AskMeHelpDesk but not Google or Yahoo.

I turned off Zone Alarm then turned it back on and now the problem seems fixed... but I'm wondering if I should change the settings for Generic Host Process in Zone alarm. Following is the error, along with my Zone Alarm Setting for GHP.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Mar 22, 2007, 03:05 AM
    PS, here's another of the messages that names Motorola in the blocked info:
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Mar 22, 2007, 03:07 AM
    Dog gone! Things were good for a few minutes, now I get the Block pop up again:

PS. I have Vonage, if that helps to know.
    Attached Images

Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2007, 03:14 AM
    192.168 is an area on your home network, do you have a router or something? Do you recognise the IP?
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2007, 03:17 AM
    AHA! In some old notes (problems I initially had with Vonage) I see that 192.168.15.1 is the IP address where I set my vonage modem settings.

... so how do I tell Zone Alarm to allow connections to that IP address?
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2007, 03:21 AM
    I used to use zone alarm but not any more, you should be able to set exceptions somewhere. (We use a hardware firewall now ;))

Look for exceptions, trusted list, rules, or something similar
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2007, 03:30 AM
    Thanks cap. That was an interesting. On my old computer I did not have to manually add anything to zone alarm's trusted zones.
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2007, 04:17 AM
    I often find thi kind of problem with software firewalls, they get their knickers in a twist sometimes :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Zone Alarm Firewall [ 7 Answers ]

I am running Windows XP Home with Internet Explorer. For PC Protection I AVG Free Anti-Virus, Ad-Aware SE to detect and rmove Adware, Microsoft Anti-Spyware,Spybot,and Spyware Blaster to detect and remove spyware.Do you advise me to also download Zone Alarm Firewall protection. Some say yes and...

WindowsXP vs. Zone Alarm Free [ 5 Answers ]

Got a new computer. I had Zone Alarm Free on the other one and I had no problems. ... now I wonder: 1. Is ZA Free really better than WindowsXP firewall? 2. Which of the two uses less resources? Thanks!

View more questions Search