Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CapeCarol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2013, 01:35 PM
    What Brand and SEER rating of Split AC System to buy in Florida.
    We are planning on building a new house in Cape Coral, Florida. The house is on one level and will be 2900 sf. We have owned expensive Trane units a Bryant Evolution units and after reading threads on this web site I decided to ask what to do. Down here they use a split system - we are also considering getting a generator for the house - would it be better to do a 5 ton unit or two units to split the house and then we only have to use one unit with the generator if needed.

Thanks for your help.

Check out some similar questions!

Ge brcq018 series 10 seer outside split-system condensing unit [ 1 Answers ]

Yes my capacitor caught on fire the other night and burned all the wires off got new 1 97f9848 but for the life of me don't know where wires goes there is a small brown,lg brown,lg blk,7 wires going into compressor just don't know where to put wires any 1 with a scematic please e-mail me at...

Ge brcq018 series 10 seer outside split-system condensing unit [ 0 Answers ]

Yes my capacitor caught on fire the other night and burned all the wires off got new 1 97f9848 but for the life of me don't know where wires goes there is a small brown,lg brown,lg blk,7 wires going into compressor just don't know where to put wires any 1 with a scematic please e-mail me at...

New Home What SEER rating to buy on AC units [ 21 Answers ]

Building new home in Dallas. Am looking for advice on how much to invest in AC unit, STD with builder is Carrier SEER 14. I know energy cost will be going up is it worth the money for the higher Seer rating. ALready doing simple things on more insulation and radiant barriers etc.

Carrier 16 Seer infinity split system heat pump [ 7 Answers ]

I live in the Leesburg, Florida area(outskirts of Orlando, Florida) and is considering using tthree ( 2, 3, and 4 ton) Carrier 16 SEER infinity series heat pumps in a new construction. Can anyone provide a breakdown of the average cost of each condenser (25HNA6... ), fan coil (FE4) and infinity...

Carrier 10 SEER split system heat pump, Model 38YCC [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old Carrier 10 SEER split System Heat Pump, Model 38YCC. I asked the local Carrier Installer whether it is a single stage or multi-stage unit, so I can buy a new programmable thermostat appropriate for my unit. The Carrier installer rep I spoke with said it's a multi-stage unit,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.