Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MamaBooBoo3 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2013, 09:20 AM
    I have a couple ultrasounds I would like someone to help look @ for Gender?
    I have a 3d Ultrasound from 15 weeks of baby bent over mooning us & I was hoping someone could tell the Gender & then I also got a plain Ultrasound yesterday 24 weeks But the tech says to her (she is new) & we are in a small town, looks kind of like a Girl, But To me, my fiance' & his mom we think it's a Boy. I would like help & I see my Dr again May 28th.
    But I don't know how to post pics on here or if you can, so I can email them to you if I am allowed other wise let me know how I can show you to get help
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

May 1, 2013, 05:09 PM
    The tech would probably know best, but if you really want to know for sure they'd probably let you come in for another appointment sooner to get a better angle or have the doctor look at the ultrasounds you've already had. Either way you'll find out the sex eventually!

I think you can copy and paste picts into the text box. Maybe we can give our 2 cents- though no guarantees on accuracy ;-)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 1, 2013, 05:48 PM
    And guess what, even doctor is wrong sometimes because of angle, and the clarity of the equipment.

You should be able to use the "go advanced" in the reply ( answer your own question) to attach a file.

May 2, 2013, 06:48 AM
    Name:  Snapshot_20130418_4.JPG
Views: 96
Size:  68.8 KB

Name:  Snapshot_20130501_1.JPG
Views: 88
Size:  40.6 KB
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 2, 2013, 06:58 AM
    There is no way to tell accurately without an amniocentesis. At best it is an educated guess. I have delivered a number of boys who went home in pink and several girls who went home in blue. Meaning that the parents were told it was a girl, but at time of birth it was a boy and visa versa.

Best bet... decorate in neutral colors and have names for both boy and girl.

May 2, 2013, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    There is no way to tell accurately without an amniocentesis. At best it is an educated guess. I have delivered a number of boys who went home in pink and several girls who went home in blue. Meaning that the parents were told it was a girl, but at time of birth it was a boy and visa versa.

Best bet.... decorate in neutral colors and have names for both boy and girl.
    WHat would be your est educated Guess?
    Expert

May 2, 2013, 07:39 AM

Best bet... decorate in neutral colors and have names for both boy and girl.
    WHat would be your est educated Guess?
    It's a baby for sure. I can't tell you either way.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

May 2, 2013, 08:05 AM
    Haha with that angle... I have no idea. Sorry MamaBoBo.
    I don't really know how the tech could tell with that sort of view.

It's definitely a baby like J_9 said, but I don't see any sort of revealing features that would determine sex either way.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 2, 2013, 10:50 AM
    When is your next ultrasound? Be patient.
    Many of us here were carried to term without ultrasound. Many people these days still don't even want to know.

May 2, 2013, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    When is your next ultrasound? Be patient.
    Many of us here were carried to term without ultrasound. Many people these days still don't even want to know.
    I Don't Know When I will Have another Ultrasound, But that's the thing, because I'm in such a small town there is ONLY one tech & she is NEW. I guess it might be a surprise to find out at labor
    Expert

May 2, 2013, 06:19 PM
    You said this was at 15 weeks? That is too early to tell gender with any accuracy. 20 weeks is usually the marker for gender identification, and that is still incorrect sometimes.

May 2, 2013, 07:16 PM
    You said this was at 15 weeks? That is too early to tell gender with any accuracy. 20 weeks is usually the marker for gender identification, and that is still incorrect sometimes.
    The 3d ultrasound is @ 15 weeks the other one is at 24 weeks
    Expert

May 2, 2013, 09:56 PM
    The OB/GYNs I work for will not attempt to determine gender, 3d or otherwise, until the 20th week due to fetal development. Remember that pregnancy goes 2 weeks either way. That means that a fetus at 15 weeks, could actually be 13 weeks.

I understand wanting to know. Heck, I deliver babies for a living, but it's not 100% accurate unless an amniocentesis is performed.

May 3, 2013, 06:56 AM
    The OB/GYNs I work for will not attempt to determine gender, 3d or otherwise, until the 20th week due to fetal development. Remember that pregnancy goes 2 weeks either way. That means that a fetus at 15 weeks, could actually be 13 weeks.

I understand wanting to know. Heck, I deliver babies for a living, but it's not 100% accurate unless an amniocentesis is performed.
    OK, but I'm past 20 weeks, I'm 24 an the last ultrasound pic was just taking on April29th, 24 weeks along. But its OK, I hope to find out soon
    Expert

May 3, 2013, 06:58 AM
    Good luck! Do you have dome names picked out? This is always such an exciting time!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ultrasounds [ 4 Answers ]

The ultrasound d Ated my pregnancy at 7 weeks 6 days which would mean I would have ovulated 2 days before I even had sex. I was just wondering how many days off they can be?

Are 4D ultrasounds safe? [ 2 Answers ]

Im going in to have an elective 4D ultrasound done. I will be 7 months and a week when I go to have it done. Will it have ANY negative effects on me OR my baby?

When do you start getting 3d ultrasounds? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know when do you start getting 3d ultrasounds?

How accurate are Ultrasounds? [ 14 Answers ]

I am 20 weeks pregnant... baby is about 12 ounces and 6 1/2 inches. Baby is completely healthy and symmetrical (they where amazed because it was textbook) hehe. A perfectly round head and everything developing as it should... mommy healthy too:D. Anyway my chiropractor told me I was going to...

Sewer gas smell a couple times a week. Last a couple of minutes, then gone. [ 2 Answers ]

We have a sewer gas smell in one of our lower bathrooms around 1 to 2 times a week. The smell only last for a couple of minutes, then it is gone. You can smell everything in the bathroom (toilet, air vent, shower) and it is simply in the air and nowhere else. When the smell happens, it is always at...

View more questions Search