Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    me05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2013, 06:58 AM
    I am so jealous of everything in my relationship
    I am so jealous of everything! I even hate my boyfriend going to work because I am scared he will meet someone there or he will say something behind my back that will really hurt, and I'll find out, I hate him being with his mates because I have moved states and I have no friends here.. and he has everyone I left my whole family, I really need help, I want to overcome this and I know it is wrong and that is why I am on here and asking for some advice and help...
    I am sick of feeling Jealous and sick to the stomach over such ridiculous stuff.. and I know he deserves better than a jealous obsessive.. so yeah. I don't know, any help would be appreciated, no hate please..
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 07:17 AM
    So you want to lose this boyfriend, yeah? Think realistically about your situation. I don't know why you moved but long distance relationships on a whole don't work out that well in the long run. But besides that, you need to look at your behaviors.

With every behavior there is a reaction. If you continue to put drama on any relationship, the other person in the relationship starts to weigh being in a relationship with you against the negative drama. He will decide which one means more to him: 1) Being your girlfriend or 2) Having a drama-free life. If the drama is too much for him, then he will choose #2.

How old are you? If you are not ready to trust the person you are in a relationship with, then you are probably not ready to be in a relationship. Moreover, relationships that are not full of drama are so much more pleasant. I hope you get to experience that one day.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by me05
    ...i have moved states and i have no friends here.. and he has everyone i left my whole family, i really need help...
    It sounds to me the root of the problem is a fear of the unknown. You feel you're at a disadvantage because your boyfriend knows this area well and you don't. The clear solution is to make this new territory yours as well.

In short, get to know his friends with the goal of making them your friends as well. Explore the area, make your own friends in the area. You'll start to see that things aren't be so bad.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 01:56 PM
    You need counseling to get to the root of your insecurities. You need to realize this has nothing to do with your boyfriend or his friends or his work. It's entirely about you. It has nothing to do with you moving to be with him either.

This is a measure of your own self-worth. You think more highly of your boyfriend than you do of yourself, so you don't think he should have chosen you and are afraid he will figure it out and leave you.

But he did choose you and wants to be with you. He of course needs a life, as do you, apart from one another. You both need work and friends of your own, hobbies and interests of your own. But you also need to have enough confidence in yourself to know two things - first, you are plenty good enough for him and since he has the best, he doesn't need to keep shopping. Second, if he were to leave you, you would be hurt but would manage just fine. To know this, you need to think enough of yourself to know that you could find another guy if he didn't work out for you. In other words, you need to just know that you both choose to have each other because you want to be together.

There are no guarantees in life - relationships don't always work out. Your confidence will come from paying attention to the truth of your relationship, not your imagination of what he could or might do. You can never control another person and your lack of respect and trust for him in thinking he'll cheat at every opportunity is really rude and disrespectful to him. If my son were dating someone who behaves like you, I would advise him to break up with her because this boy has no chance to make you confident in the relationship.

You can do it for yourself with considerable intensive counseling. If you blow it off, expect this boy to leave you - not for any of your imagined reasons but because you don't trust him, lack self-esteem and are probably controlling - three deal breaker attributes. It sounds to me like he doesn't want to leave you, but you're pushing him out the door.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 30, 2013, 02:10 PM
    1. Get a job. I hope you aren't sitting in front of the TV waiting for him all day.
    OR
    2. Get counseling as suggested above. But that's one tiny hour out of a whole week, not enough for someone in your situation.
    OR
    3. Go home! You are in an unhealthy state of mind. Jealousy is poison. When you actually fear him going to work, you are in bad shape, and the relationship will be over, and you will be on your way home with your tail between your legs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

He doesn't want a relationship, so why is he jealous? [ 4 Answers ]

I really like this guy and was "talking" to him and became intimate under the impression that we would be pursuing more. Well he backed away claiming it scared him how much he liked me, that his feelings changed every day, etc. Although we talked all the time, in the course of 3 months or so we...

How can I stop being so jealous? It's ruining my relationship! [ 20 Answers ]

Please help me! I get so jealous about my boyfriend checking out other girls or girls talking to him! I hate feeling like this because it just makes me feel sick! I hate it when he goes out, I hate it when he goes to gym because I just always get stupid thoughts in my head that he's being...

How to fix a jealous relationship [ 1 Answers ]

I am knowreally sure how to exsplain it but hear I go. See I havea boy frind we grew up to geather and he holds my past against me big time because I moved out of state when I was younger left him and ahe he says if I truly loved him I would have never left. Well the jelousy issue is me I get...

Relationship, I'm Jealous. [ 17 Answers ]

Hello I'm 23 years old and live in an apartment with my girlfriend for about 2 years. All in all we're doing great we're both still in love. Except for one thing - I'm jealous as hell. <Now keep in mind this is written because i want help to get rid of it. something i can do.>

Jealous Boyfriend. Is our relationship over? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I started dating about 4 months ago. Our relationship has been pretty good. We had this instant connection that neither one of us has ever felt with anybody else. I love him so much with my whole heart but I really messed up. We have not been in many fights but the ones we have had...

View more questions Search