Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    feline Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 12:26 AM
    Writing short stories and an autobiography in segments
    I have never submitted a story of mine to any publisher, book company, etc. is there a specific way to do this? How do I even start? Is there a specific way my material needs to be packaged/presented? Do I single space it, double space it? Where would the best place be to legitimately send it and have a real chance of being read and published? Thank you.
    Zayne S Halsall Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

Jun 22, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Many famous authors have written books on their experiences in the publishing world: Ben Bova, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, to name a few. I would recommend reading as many of them as you can, as their advice spans genres.

Also, the Writer's and Artist's Yearbook is a very good book to have, if you are a budding author - it deals with all the issues you may come across, as well as listing many of the publishers, sorted by genre, and explains how to present your information to them. The 2008 edition can be found:

Amazon.co.uk: Writers' and Artists' Yearbook 2008 (Writers' and Artists'): Alexander McCall Smith: Books

And there's also a related site, though I can't vouch for it:

Writers' and Artists' Yearbook

And, as always, Google is your friend. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghost Stories [ 8 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good ghost or scarey stories? I haven't heard a good one for ages! :eek:

Scary stories? [ 18 Answers ]

I have friends and family that come over sometimes and we like to share scary stories (that are true). Does anyone have any to share? (Please, no bogus stories or small stories about things flying across the room)

Success Stories [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have any success stories about weight loss? If yes please reply here Please say how much you lost, How you lost it?

Does anyone write short stories? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I write a lot of short stories. It is so much fun. I put them on the internet for all to read. There is a special place on the net you can write your stories. We all compare our stories and talk about them. Mine are fiction so far. Just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who likes...

Customer Service Stories [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for great customer service stories for a talk I am designing on the subject, and possibly an article as well. Anyone have a story they'd like to share?

View more questions Search