Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Apr 29, 2013, 01:06 PM
    What bike size do I need?
    I'm looking at purchasing my first road bike- but given limited funds and what not, at the moment I have to buy it online. I found a bike that seems to fit all my qualifications- that is it it pedals. But I don't know if it's too small or not.

I'm 5'5" almost 5'6" (that extra half inch matters). I was under the impression that I needed a 20.5"-21.5" frame. But I found a bike I like, in the price range I like that is 19" with a wheel size of 26" would that inch and a half make a real difference? I assume I can adjust the seat and all that, but I'm new to the whole road bike thing.

Here's the bike if anyone has any opinions: ROWER SZOSOWY ROMET HURAGAN 26 - WYPRZEDA

As always thanks!!
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2013, 05:06 PM
    It depends as much on your proportions as your total height. I recommend you go to a few cycling stores and sit on several bikes and talk to them about what to look for. Educate yourself and see what you like.

Once you've determined in person what bike you like, you can look for a bike online that meets your criteria. There are many more variables with bikes than there used to be, so trying them out in the store is important. And you can often find a good deal on last year's model. In addition, some stores sell used bikes that have been tuned up and checked out, which I think would be a safer bet than just buying something online.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 29, 2013, 06:18 PM
    You go to local shops, try them, sit on them, and decide what type you want. Then if you order it on line, do so. But many shops will deal with you, if you ask for lower prices
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Apr 30, 2013, 10:55 AM
    Road bikes in Poland cost upwards of $600+ (older models too), regular bikes are also extortionately expensive. And since I don't start working officially till this summer money is a bit tight- got to love student loans.

I'll try and pop into a store and try one out though, if I can find a similar model.

Thanks everyone!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What size bike [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a new rider, I'm 5'5'' weigh about 125 lbs and am a woman. What size bike should I be riding? Is a 125 (4 stroke) too small for my size? It feels more comfortable and easy to handle than a 230 or 250.

Post pregnancy baby head size is smaller than average size [ 0 Answers ]

I have a question regarding my baby head size which is smaller than normal and I am very concern about it please help me out for this. Below are the 2 ultrasound reports please help me out for this. B.P.D 7.8 F.L 6.8 cms A.C 29.8 cms gestation age 35 week

Suggest most comfort bike 4backpain a new bike,like cbz xtreme double disk [ 1 Answers ]

I'm ajay goyal from chd.I hv backpain and want to buy a most comfortable and safe bike in 70000,invested in cbz xtreme double disk.suggest any other or support detail.

Placing a bike in a common area bike room [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know if it is legal to place my own bike in the bike common area of the condo where I live. The common area has its own bike racks, but as I own a very expensive bike I would prefer to have it out of the way, as my previous one has been already damaged. The bike rack...

Wire size & conduit size for 60 am subpanel 150 from source [ 9 Answers ]

Indiana question: I want to install a 60amp subpanel 150 feet from the main panel. This is all exposed runs both inside and out in a commercial envirenement. What gauge and type of copper wire and what size conduit whould I use. How often should insert a junction box in the run. John

View more questions Search