Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Labtec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 11:31 PM
    India To Canada
    Trying to start an export import business based out of vancouver, will be importing food into canada , what steps would I have to go through on getting a license? I tried the customs website but very confusing, also will I have to obtain a license in india to export out of the country or could I just use a freight forwarder to do all the shipping? And also are the frieght forwarding companys responsible for setting up the transportation to your warehouse or is that done through customs? Very confused have tried to research myself but find it very difficult.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 22, 2007, 02:18 AM
    Before you even consider putting any money into legalities of importing foods into Canada, if I were you I would contact the Canadian Food and Drug Administration so they can start the procedure of passing your commodity for consumption in Canada, if possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scholarship in India [ 4 Answers ]

Hi sir I am samrat chakrabarty student of mechanical first year iwould like 2 ask u giving information regarding schlorship in india through net so that ican get them in future

Was In H1 and back to India [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I was in my h1 from feb mid 2006 to aug end 2006. I went back to India. I was in th e Washington state ( No state Tax). I was here with my wife as well as my son for the whole period which I was @ usa. To file tax what has to be done. 1. Should I apply for ITIN for my wife and son....

View more questions Search