Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MessedupinNC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2013, 10:48 AM
    I forged and cashed checks in the amount of $4000 at my last job.
    I made a huge mistake. I forged and cashed some payroll checks at my last job totaling about $4,000. I have been worried sick about it. The police called and we talked. I admitted it. I feel so ashamed. I do not have any priors. Never been in any trouble. I do not have the money to pay her back in a lump sum. I know I am going to be arrested. Is this a felony or misdemeanor in NC? OMG!! I am so freaking out. Will I go to jail? I don't even have money for an attorney.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2013, 10:54 AM
    That's a felony... and not by a small amount. Might as well find a lawyer now.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 29, 2013, 11:18 AM
    You don't have the lump sum. Have you paid back what you have?
    It's best to avoid the word mistake when trying to apologize. A mistake is when you added some numbers and got the total wrong, or dropped the dish you were carrying. You knew you were forging. No mistake. The cops always say 'Your mistake was getting caught.' You could say your mistake was thinking you might get away with it. So don't use that word! What you say will have an effect on what the employer wants the DA to do or not. And give back every penny you do have, with a monthly plan for the rest. And have a yard sale. And no coffees out, no new clothes or makeup or hairdressers or ANYTHING not vital to food and shelter. Bread and water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Over $8500 in company cheques cashed with forged signatures-what charges can be laid? [ 0 Answers ]

So my brother in law stole 4 company cheques from his father (here in Alberta, Canada), and successfully cashed two of them with a forged signature before it was noticed. The total take is over $8500 CAD. We are going to the bank on Monday to report it, and then I'm guessing the RCMP after, but...

Bad checks forged from my account [ 2 Answers ]

My mother forged bad checks out of my account and they still have ME on the telechecks system. She is doing time in prison for forgery right now. Should I still be in the system? Should I have to pay it back? What should I do?

My checks have not been cashed for months, how long am I liable? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, :) I am asking this question for my wife. We own two homes one has just been rented out but we still pay the association fees. The problem is that the secretary has been sitting on months of the checks and cashes them randomly. Currently he has the last 5 months of checks...

View more questions Search