Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 29, 2013, 09:40 AM
    How About a Section on Motor Bikes?
    There are lots of us out there that build custom motor bikes. I started with a beach cruiser and put a 66cc motor on it. I then began to trick it out and ended up building a chopper with chrome triple tree chopper forks and dropping the front wheel down to 20 inches. I installed a high raise set of "ape hanger" handle bars and replacing the kick stand. The only thing left stock are the frame and the pedals. I think it would make a nice addition to this page. And your thoughts? Best regards, Tom
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 29, 2013, 10:14 AM
    I vote yes.
    Even though my bike days are over. I think you have to add a picture of this 66cc beach buggy. My first bike was a 50cc Honda in 1965 that I bought for $50. Then more Hondas... and now a 57 Chevy. From Florida!
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 29, 2013, 11:33 AM
    Joy, How can your "bike days" be over? I'm 86 and still riding. 50 years ago I rode with a Outlaw Club up in Tampa and even though my eyesight is so bad I turned in my auto tags I can still tool around the hood. When I'm out riding my bike I lose 50 years off my life and for just a little while I'm back in Tampa riding my chopper catching the wind in my face and bugs in my teeth. If I can ride so can you! See you on the road, Tom
    Attached Images

current pert

Apr 29, 2013, 12:14 PM
    Tom that made my day.
    I won't go into how decrepit I am.
    I will say I bought a 66 Honda CB 160 a few years ago, just like the one I had in 1966, and lost money on it quickly parting it out on eBay because I was moving.
    I'm not selling the 57 Chevy!
    Attached Images

Eternal Plumber

Apr 29, 2013, 01:25 PM
    Here's my 83 RX7. It broke my heart to turn in the tags.
    Attached Images

current pert

Apr 29, 2013, 02:01 PM
    With a Wankel engine?

I can't turn in my tags because I haven't registered it. It has expired FL plates. Not many old dames driving around in the New England winter in vintage cars, so no one looks at the plates. I'm miffed that there is a law here that you can't get an antique plate until you first register it with a regular plate.

Surely you drive around a little bit anyway..
    Eternal Plumber

May 17, 2013, 11:03 PM
    Surely you drive around a little bit anyway..
    The only driving I do any more is on the bike. Cheers, Tom
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 16, 2013, 02:41 PM
    By the way. Does anybody recognize a person that's riding my bike? HINT__ You all know him! Any guesses?
    Regards to all, Tom
    Attached Images

current pert

Jun 16, 2013, 03:03 PM
    Thorne?
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 17, 2013, 07:54 AM
    Thone? Nope! This is somebody that everybody on this site will interact with. Guess again!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 17, 2013, 08:59 AM
    I've seen photos of most of the major players on this site. He doesn't look like any of them. It's someone we ALL interact with? Roel?
    current pert

Jun 17, 2013, 10:01 AM
    Too funny. Roel was my first thought too. Laughing on speedball's decked out bike.

There's a speedball with no '1' after the ID... but he was only here once, asking an HVAC question, I think.

So it might be one of the young plumbers (?) but I didn't think any of them were young!
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 18, 2013, 06:08 AM
    Bingo! Roels mother lives in Tampa and he popped in for a visit. We had a great time with a great guy and he rides like a champ! Sharon and I are looking forward to his next visit.
    Regards to all, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motor cross bikes [ 1 Answers ]

I have got a motorcross bike to repair how can I find out what make it is and what engine it has

Good bikes? [ 0 Answers ]

Which is a better bike? - Polygon - Giant - Wheeler - GT

Rebuilt bikes [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking into buying my first motorcycle and its between a rebuilt and an original. I've heard that rebuilds can be filled with problems, is it true? Thanks,

View more questions Search