Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psalm274rt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2013, 11:08 PM
    I'm trying to find out the value of sewing machine: NSMCO Model B, Seamstress Rotary
    I'm trying to find out the value of an antique or vintage table-top sewing machine built by NSMCO (National Sewing Machine Company). It says "Model B", and on the wooden case and on the machine itself it says "Seamstress Rotary." There's a foot pedal with it; and a different type of sewing foot (perhaps a zipper-foot), as well as a smaller sewing foot. I found a "Certificate of Warranty" in the end storage compartment that has the machine No. stamped on it; that same number is on the machine. The Certificate also has the date it was bought in 1949, and is signed by the store owner where it was bought, including the town and city (all hand-written). I've not been able to see the manufactured date on it, unless the number "32-" before the Machine No. has something to do with the year.

This sewing machine belonged to my mom, who sewed quite a bit with it, until the last few years of her life. She died in 1962. Ever since then it's been in storage inside a house. I got it out a few years ago just to see how it worked and to my surprise it did a pretty good job. The sewing wasn't perfect, but close enough to "perfect" to hold it's stitching quite well. It appeared to just need a bit of tension adjusting, which I wasn't familiar with how to do. So, it's continued to set, covered, in my bedroom. The case appears to be in at least fairly good condition. I hope someone can give me information about its Dollar value. Thanks anyone for your help and your time.

Check out some similar questions!

Nsmco-sewing-machine-model-rbr [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I havw a national SMCO treadle sewing machine. On the machine it says ' IMPROVED SEAMSTRESS. . All original and good shape . Working condition. Was wondering what it worth approx. History , My grand mother had it.. 1920?thanks Al

White Rotary sewing machine. Model? Type? Value? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a White Rotary sewing machine FR # 3003328. Part # 5B G10184A. The wooden ends where the case latches to the base have come loose, but would fix up easily with some good wood glue, the connector box that the two plugs gos to is shorted out, but the machine is in good working condition. What...

I have a NSMCO sewing machine Model are 54 [ 0 Answers ]

I have inherited this sewing machine.It was my great great grandmothers and been in the family for ever.I do have the instruction book very well kept and also a button hole attachment with all the parts and instruction book. The sewing machine has the pedal or attachment for your leg.It has all the...

White Rotary Sewing Machine Model # FR 3113766 What year is this machine? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a White Rotary Sewing Machine Model # FR 3113766. I would like to know the year. It has the original book and all the attachments. It has a small motor and a light.

NSMCO sewing machine model RBR [ 7 Answers ]

I have just been given my grandmothers sewing machine. I think it was made by national sewing machine company. I have not been able to find a serial number, the model is RBR and on the front of the machine it says International Rotary. The machine is in a cabinet for which the front opens and...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.