Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShmayaJaynaee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2013, 03:53 PM
    Write me a song?
    Well , I need someone who is serious about what they do . I love singing but struggle at writing songs , I already have some song titles in mind , all I need is for someone to write the lyrics for them . Someone who is good at it , I prefer songs like alicia keys , tamar braxton , rihanna... people like that . I am willing to pay but the song has to be good . If you are willing to help me . Email me : (removed). I take music seriously.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:01 PM
    This is a free site. No one that's serious about song writing, is going to write you a song for free. If you find a hit song, and sing it, you expect to get paid for it right? Well, that's how song writers make their living. They're paid to write songs.

Your best bet is to contact someone that writes songs for a living, and pay them to write a song for you. It won't be cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Good luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:01 PM
    Yeah. I'll get right on that.
    ShmayaJaynaee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2013, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    This is a free site. No one that's serious about song writing, is going to write you a song for free. If you find a hit song, and sing it, you expect to get paid for it right? Well, that's how song writers make their living. They're paid to write songs.

Your best bet is to contact someone that writes songs for a living, and pay them to write a song for you. It won't be cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Good luck.
    I said I am willing to pay . & I don't know how to find contact with someone who writes songs for a living . It seems impossible to find someone like that over the internet
    Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:08 PM
    You have thousands of dollars?
    Pets Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ShmayaJaynaee View Post
    i said i am willing to pay . & i dont know how to find contact with someone who writes songs for a living . it seems impossible to find someone like that over the internet
    But we're volunteers, we don't do this for money. That's what this site is about, free advice, free help.

If you're willing to pay, you have to find someone that's willing to do this for pay. I don't think the internet will really help you at all. Popular song writers don't need to join sites or advertise. Their music speaks for itself.

Your post specifically stated that you want someone to write you a song. Yes, you're wiling to pay. That's great. But no one on this site is a song writer, and I don't think a legitimate song writer would join a site like this hoping that one of the many (you're not the first) that posts asking someone to write a song, is actually willing to pay for that song. A good song writer doesn't need to hang around free sites hoping for business.

I really have no idea how you'll find someone to write a song for you, but I don't think you'll find a great song writer online. I really don't.

Good luck.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ShmayaJaynaee View Post
    i said i am willing to pay . & i dont know how to find contact with someone who writes songs for a living . it seems impossible to find someone like that over the internet
    Go to your public library's reference desk. They will give you a list of names of songwriters and maybe even their prices.
    Pets Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Go to your public library's reference desk. They will give you a list of names of songwriters and maybe even their prices.
    Really? How? If someone can't Google it on their own, how is a librarian supposed to find it?

I'm really not understanding how a library could help in this matter. Please explain. :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:25 PM
    Really? How? If someone can't google it on their own, how is a librarian supposed to find it?

I'm really not understanding how a library could help in this matter. Please explain. :)
    Librarians have all sorts of resources that aren't on the Internet. :) Remember, we used to find things before the Internet was invented. We also make phone calls to get information. The Internet is NOT the end-all, be-all source of information.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:28 PM
    One source for songwriter names --

Title: Songwriter's market.
    Author(s): Brohaugh, William, ; editor. Haley, Adria, ; editor.
    Publication: Cincinnati, Ohio, Writer's Digest Books.
    Year: 1979 -
    Frequency: Annual
    Description: 1979-; v. ill. 24 cm.
    Language: English
    Standard No: ISSN: 0161-5971; National Library: 012777077; LCCN: 78-648269 ; sn 78-1910
    SUBJECT(S)
    Descriptor: Popular music -- Writing and publishing -- United States -- Directories.
    Note(s): Editor: 1979-19uu W. Brohaugh; <2012- > Adria Haley.
    Class Descriptors: LC: MT67; ML102.P66; Dewey: 338.4/7/784
    Other Titles: Songwriter's market; Song writer's market; <1989->
    Document Type: Serial
    Entry: 19780616
    Update: 20130404
    Accession No: OCLC: 3979280
    Database: WorldCat
    Pets Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Librarians have all sorts of resources that aren't on the Internet. :) Remember, we used to find things before the Internet was invented. We also make phone calls to get information. The Internet is NOT the end-all, be-all source of information.
    I agree about the internet. Maybe the libraries in the US are different. The one where I live, I'm lucky if they can find the book (that is in the library) that I'm looking for. Forget about any other information. Calling to get information, unheard of, and the city library near where I live, is very well known. They won't call around for you, it's up to you to find the information you're looking for, especially if it's not in a book in the library. Although I have to admit that the city library can find the book you're looking for if they have it, whereas my local library, not so much.

I just can't understand why any librarian would go to that much trouble for something that isn't in their actual job description.
    Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:32 PM
    Same with libraries in my area Alty. Maybe big city metropolitan libraries are different.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:34 PM
    I just can't understand why any librarian would go to that much trouble for something that isn't in their actual job description.
    That IS our job description! Run it to ground! We usually find what the patron is looking for. I have called NYC in the evening to get info from a newspaper night crew. In fact, I have called incredibly interesting people when on the trail of getting info for a patron. Our motto is, if you can't find it in print sources, on subscribed-to databases, or by Googling, make that call right to the horse's mouth (or ear).
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Same with libraries in my area Alty. Maybe big city metropolitan libraries are different.
    I worked for years in two public libraries, one in a town of 40,000 and the other (for 25 years) in a town of 20,000. Both libraries (board and directors) encouraged us to make calls, if necessary. I even called (on my dime) your library, J, to help you find something.
    Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:39 PM
    Yes, WG, you called, but ask the librarian here to go above and beyond like you do and they would stare at you like a deer in the headlights.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:41 PM
    'all I need is for someone to write the lyrics for them'
    Anyone can write a title. I can rattle off titles as fast as I can think.
    You don't say anything about the music itself. Are you planning to compose the music once you get some lyrics?
    People who can sing come in two flavors - those who can sing and compose and write lyrics (and maybe play an instrument too), and those who just sing known songs. When they get famous, sometimes they hire both a lyricist and a composer.
    I don't see either a composer or lyricist or both sending you their work for a small amount of money, and I have a feeling that you can't afford this. They have contracts with up front costs, and then maybe royalties, and so on.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:46 PM
    Yes, WG, you called, but ask the librarian here to go above and beyond like you do and they would stare at you like a deer in the headlights.
    Then they must not be degreed librarians. It would be like asking a CNA to deliver a breech baby.
    Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:55 PM
    Even an RN doesn't deliver a breech baby. That's done by cesarean section.

Out library is staffed by mostly retired women.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 05:02 PM
    Exactly!
    Pets Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 05:07 PM

Out library is staffed by mostly retired women.
    Same here. I didn't even know that librarians were "degreed", or that such a degree existed. All the librarians I've ever met (albeit in person) simply applied for the job, and didn't need a degree.

The times I've asked a librarian for help, I was only shown which station to go to to find it on my own. Their main job was checking out books.

Again, this could only be where I live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please Can You Write Me A Song ? [ 2 Answers ]

Heyyaa, Pleasee I Need Help I Have Writers Block . Every time I Write A Song And Sing It Back It's the Worst Song Everr ?

Can someone write a song for me? I have the tittle of the song but but cant write. [ 1 Answers ]

I really don't know what to pen down on a tittle of my song.

I want to write a song [ 165 Answers ]

Heyy Can any one help me write a song I want to write one for my mom but I'm not very good please help me Sam Xx:confused:

View more questions Search