Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxdesertorxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2013, 03:26 AM
    Residential cleaning
    Hi, I'm trying to start a residential cleaning business in LI-NY, but have no idea of how to quote per square footage in my area, I just need a general or average price since I'm not going to be doing waxing or shampooing carpets, it's just general cleaning, I will provide equipment and cleaning products, hope to hear from you soon...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 04:41 AM
    My housecleaner charges me $20 per hour; when I first hired her, she did a walk through and determined how many hours she would need depending on what I wanted done. I only have her vacuum and wash floors, I do the dusting (that is time consuming). So, 2 hours at 20 per hour.

You only have to worry about determining how long it will take you depending on if the client wants everything, vacuum, washing floors, cleaning bathroom, dusting, etc.

So it is not per square foot, it is hourly. However, should you get int commercial, that would have to be per square foot.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 05:56 AM
    I agree with Tickle.

Prices vary per area/s but the NY area is probably around $20 - $25 per hour. Commercial cleaning is figured by sq ft usually residential is by the hour.

After you do the walk through and agree what is to be done I would make up a simple specification that lists what is to be done each time and things that they may want done once per month etc. This way both you nad your client know exactly what is to b done and nothing is added 'for free' later.

Stringer
    Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 07:17 AM
    Thanks for your confirmation, and it is great to see you posting again Stringer but someone didn't like my answer, I got a reddie for it !

You would have to wonder why someone took acception to a perfectly reasonable answer.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 07:31 AM
    I gave you a 'greenie' Tickle, gosh I hope I didn't make a mistake and hit the wrong one... If I did can Admin please change it to 'agree', please it was not intended.

My health hasn't been the best Tickle, getting older. Thanks for the welcome back.

Thanks,

Stringer.
    Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 09:23 AM
    Stringer, its okay, I know it would not have been you !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting a residential cleaning service restarted [ 1 Answers ]

I am repeating myself, forgive me!I just want to make sure I ask all of my questions properly... a few years ago I was going to start a cleaning service. I got a license through the city of Jacksonville Florida. I also got an LLC< but gave no annual report since there was nothing to report due to...

How do I get license and bonded for residential cleaning [ 3 Answers ]

I want to clean any where between 8 to 10 houses every 2 weeks do I have to be license and bonded

Residential Cleaning Estimates [ 2 Answers ]

How do I, without calling around to get estimates, figure out how much I charge customers to clean their home? Shelley

Residential cleaning service [ 3 Answers ]

My name is Mari. I recently started a cleaning company. I have already cleaned serveral homes but I am having a hard time as to what I am suppose to charge. I do not have much experience in this field but thought it would be a good flexible job while I am in school. I have tried to get advice...

View more questions Search