Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TommytheBoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2013, 12:43 PM
    Proving my french citizenship ?
    I am 60 yrs, old. I was born in France to french parents. I was later given up to adoption to Americans. I understand I have had duel citizenship ever since then.
    I went to France last year, met my birth mom and siblings. I want to go back for a longer period (more than 90 days) as a citizen to avoid having to go via a visa and have to leave early.
    I have an up to date US passport, I have a out of date french passport. I have a french birth cert. and I have adoption papers. I have tried to connect with the french consulate in San Fransisco (closest to me). They have only said I need to make an appointment,. I ask them what paperwork to bring to make sure we did not waste time in representative trips. (2 hr. drive) NOTHING, I have emailed many times to many people at the Consulate. I tried to go through their web site, even worse.
    My sister, who is in France offered to help along with my birth mom... I don't know what to do to make this happen??
    ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks , tommy

Check out some similar questions!

Grandaughter of French Citizen Believes Eligible for Dual Citizenship (French/USA) [ 1 Answers ]

I recently visited my Aunt (in California) and she gave me a sparse amount of information to the effect as follows: 1.) Even though I was born in California and live in Washington State, because my grandmother was a French citizen that never naturalized American (never became and American...

US born, French Father, want dual French Citizenship [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, If anyone can assist me. I am US born with a French father. I have called the French Consulate in Los Angeles (my closest one) and they weren't helpful at all. In fact, I was treated poorly. I am trying to find out the steps necessary in order to obtain dual US/French citizenship. My...

Can French citizen applying for US citizenship keep French nationality too? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am a French citizen with a green card since 1997, that I obtained through marriage. I have been living in the US since then and I would like to apply to a US citizenship but keep my French citizenship as well. Is this possible? Also, I am now separated from my husband. Can I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.