Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2013, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    How much would that cost us individually? Medicare for all, birth to death, and eliminate the high cost of the brokers.

How do you even buy insurance on Walmart, and McDonalds wages? Let alone fund a health care account?
    Everyone is going to be on Walmart and McDonald's wages because Zerocare is turning us into part time workers.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2013, 11:10 AM
    I agree with fire Obama, and all the Democrats in the Senate; because they are the ones who voted it through; and not even read it!
    The American voters put Obama and the Democrats back into politics in 2012; because 47% of all Americans are now on food stamps. They like being taken care of by the Federal Gov't. The unemployment rate in America is still just as bad as it was in 2009; being over 20 Million Americans out of work, stop looking for work, and don't apply anymore for unemployment.
    Obama will go down in history as the most failed Presidency in our history, so far.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2013, 01:15 PM
    fredg,

Where did you find that " because 47% of all Americans are now on food stamps. " stat?
    Some 15% of U.S. Receives Food Stamps - Real Time Economics - WSJ
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Everyone is going to be on Walmart and McDonald's wages because Zerocare is turning us into part time workers.
    Obama told all those factories to go to where there is cheap labor, weak government, and no laws? Or was that the Romney crowd? Or the Bush boys?
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2013, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Obama told all those factories to go to where there is cheap labor, weak government, and no laws? Or was that the Romney crowd? Or the Bush boys?
    Um, Zerocare left a loophole with 30 hours as the magic number but of course we had to pass it to know what's in it. Really Tal, that's an extremely stupid way to govern. Like I said, don't blame it on businesses, they aren't stupid like Pelosi.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 02:32 PM
    Good news, according to Zero himself Americans are already enjoying the benefits of Zerocare, they just don't know it yet. The rest of the Democrats chimed in, too. With their grasp of math and how things work it's no wonder we're in deep doo-doo.
    Attached Images

smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2013, 05:16 PM
    If Obamacare was so freaking good... The White-house and the rest of Capital Hill would all be early adopters.

The fact all the leading democrats have exempted themselves says everything anyone needs to know about it. And how bad it is.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 30, 2013, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    If Obamacare was so freaking good...The White-house and the rest of Capital Hill would all be early adopters.
    If you already have health insurance, you keep it. If you have none, like my son who has a part-time job and no health insurance, you will be able to apply for an insurance plan under Obamacare.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 05:52 PM
    True, but since they were shamed they dropped (temporarily) their pursuit of an exemption. But how dud they come up with this free coverage bit? It 's only free in the sense that we taxpayers are paying for it.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2013, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    If you already have health insurance, you keep it. If you have none, like my son who has a part-time job and no health insurance, you will be able to apply for an insurance plan under Obamacare.
    And you believe that propaganda? Its already been proven to be wrong because a LOT of people with insurance now are going to lose it when it kicks in.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 30, 2013, 06:31 PM
    And you believe that propaganda? Its already been proven to be wrong because a LOT of people with insurance now are going to lose it when it kicks in.
    I'm waiting and watching.
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2013, 06:35 PM
    Of course... Owebama and the idiots that rammed this down our throats won't have anything to do with it themselves... and they are arguing to exempt their staffs because it will be far too expensive... well, duh?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 30, 2013, 06:51 PM
    Of course....Owebama and the idiots that rammed this down our throats won't have anything to do with it themselves.....and they are arguing to exempt their staffs because it will be far too expensive....well, duh?
    Is that what has been said, that it would be too expensive? Does the staff have insurance already? Or will they be required to choose from Obamacare plans?
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 07:06 PM
    Wg,

I drank the koolaid on that promise of nobody losing their coverage too, but it does not appear to be anywhere close to a fact. Earlier quotes here on this subject (might have been 2.0) indicated that employers will not have to offer family coverage, just coverage for the employee him or herself. If that is true, a spouse who previously was covered under the other spouse's insurance may not have coverage under obamacare. For those particular citizens, they will have been not able to keep their coverage.
    Below is not the article that was referred to earlier, but a similar one.

Look Out Below, The Obamacare Chaos Is Coming - Forbes

"Just wait until the broad realization dawns that the harsh reality of Obamacare is that tens of millions will lose their employer provided insurance because of the perverse incentives under the program. Even the establishment CBO admits that at least 7 million, and as many as 20 million, will lose their employer coverage. In February, CBO reported that “in 2019 [5 years after Obamacare is implemented], an estimated 12 million people who would have had an offer of employment-based coverage under prior law will lose their offer under current law [aka 'Obamacare'].”
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 30, 2013, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smearcase View Post
    an estimated 12 million people who would have had an offer of employment-based coverage under prior law will lose their offer under current law [aka ‘Obamacare’].”
    Who will take it away from them? I've read that the insurance companies are all hyper and already dumping their insureds, yet the insurance companies stand to gain millions of new insureds (and more money).
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 07:24 PM
    Below is the paragraph after the one I quoted in my last post, from the linked Forbes article.
    In the situation quoted if I were the employer I would tell the employee that the rules of obamacare made it more cost-effective not to provide them with their old coverage. But the fact would be that they were not able to keep their coverage as was promised.

"But that report is just the early breeze of the coming storm. The Obamacare employer mandate requires all employers of 50 or more full time workers to purchase the expensive insurance for those employees that Kathleen Sebelius (“The Secretary shall determine”) specifies that they must buy. But that mandate is enforced by a penalty of $2,000 per worker, which may be only 10% of the average cost of family coverage under the Sebelius requirements."
    Expert

Apr 30, 2013, 07:32 PM
    A factor that's been left out of this equation is that employees with no union have no voice in employee policy or treatment, or conditions under which they work.

Anybody in a union having the same issues with health insurance? If coverage goes down did premiums? Does that make logical sense if they don't? If you chose to drop your employer provided insurance will you be compensated by MO' MONEY?

Bet you guys hate unions, but that may be your problem, no leverage in your own interest. Or maybe you guys rather blame anyone but the guy who sets up your benefit for you.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 07:54 PM
    Don't know anybody in a union that I have personally heard complain but there have been many reports of union officials having serious problems with obamacare. This is just a sample:
    Union Demands 'Repeal or Complete Reform
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2013, 08:02 PM
    Actually, I do know someone now that I think about it- myself.
    I am technically a retired member of a union and have Carefirst insurance in MD (as described in an earlier post) and Carefirst has already estimated that rates will rise 25% when the law is implemented. But just for small employers and individual policies. I fully expect my premium to increase too even though mine is a group plan, and coverage will get worse as has been the trend for a long time now.
    Expert

Apr 30, 2013, 08:58 PM
    What seems to be scaring everyone is the estimated rise in cost and lower quality of care that employers are "promising". I have no doubt that it's a continuation of a longer trends of rising prices.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obamacare 2.0 [ 440 Answers ]

Health Insurance Brokers Prepare Clients For Obamacare Sticker Shock - Forbes Yeah it's the greedy provider's fault that they have to double rates to cover all the mandates in the plan. Yeah the Obots were slick making sure all the low hanging fruit ;all the carrots like allowing your kids...

Obamacare For The Poor [ 18 Answers ]

What happens in 2014. Women 60 years old is unemployed and has a preexisting condition. Has been denied medicaid in Florida, she did not met the current guild-lines. Only income is from her husband's social security check. I wonder what will happen in this type of situation??

Obamacare... [ 6 Answers ]

What exactly does it mean? I've heard different things from different people and don't know what to believe...

Obamacare's unconstitutional [ 17 Answers ]

That's what U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson said today. He said the mandate requiring people to have medical insurance exceeds all constitutional "logical limitations ". Judge in Va. strikes down federal health care law - Yahoo! News If one part of Obamacare goes down then the whole law...

Alternatives to Obamacare; [ 178 Answers ]

Obamacare, whatever that may be, is unpopular, not cost effective , and offensive to the people it is to care for and from whom paid taxes into this. It is time to move on and look at alternatives to Obamacare and the CURRENT healthcare system we have in place. The ultimate goal being to provide...

View more questions Search