Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needurhelp1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2013, 11:21 PM
    Battery stuck in bowl siphon
    Help! I am extremely worried.

So a size AA battery fell out of my pocket, and into toilet bowl. I grabbed a hanger and tried to grab it without touching dirty water. The battery then went into the little hole (siphon). I was playing around with it for a while but couldn't get it out, so I decided to get a good grip on the battery and flush it while the battery was still in there. I let it go I guess because now I can't find it with my fingers, where is it? Is it going to explode? Is it going to clog the toilet? How do it get it out?

Help please!
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Apr 25, 2013, 06:59 AM
    So I take it you can't see the battery anymore. I'd think you're okay, especially if the toilet works fine and isn't making any unusual noises. Perhaps you've just got lucky and your toilet has passed a battery. Water and battery = corrosion and slow decay of battery = not really a problem. Smile, sounds like you've got lucky. Next time toss some bleach in the bowl and get a rubber glove.

Apr 25, 2013, 09:33 AM
    I haven't flushed it more than once thou and I believe I heard it . I hope it flushed all da way thou. And if it didn't, would I need to remove the whole toilet?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 25, 2013, 10:20 AM
    Perhaps you've just got lucky and your toilet has passed a battery.
    And wouldn't it be neat if that happered. Too bad it can't. You have some how managed to get the battery up in the jet hole tube that has no outlet. The jet is what starts the siphon action and if it's blocked then all that will happen is that the water will raise, swirl around and slowly drain away leaving solids behind,
    On the image I put up you'll see a small yellow tube coming down from the top of the bowl, That tube supplies the jet. If you're lucky pressure will push it out by flushing but if you're afraid of getting your hands dirty b y pulling it out you can always replace the bowl. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Apr 25, 2013, 04:38 PM
    So that there, is a tool I can get at a hardware store that may or may not help me get it out??
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 25, 2013, 05:18 PM
    You have misundrstood Tom's post. The picture is of an auger which is used to unclog a plugged toilet. Your battery is not down the drain but off to the front in the siphon primer hole, right? No tool or fingers will get in there. If the toilet works just keep using it and maybe, someday, the battery will come out on its own. If the toilet doesn't flush you can unmount the bowl and the toilet. A large person might be able to hold it upside down and shake it, I'm too old and small for that but it might save you the cost of a new toilet

Apr 27, 2013, 01:37 PM
    The toilet flushes, and I just stuck this long tube through the siphon hole and there was no indication of the battery being there. Either way, I just hope it keeps working. Thanks!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 27, 2013, 01:40 PM
    It will likely come out on its own without your knowledge, could even be gone by now, no worrie s
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 27, 2013, 05:26 PM
    As you can see in the picture the rater from the tank comes down the jet with some force. You might already blown the battery out and flushed it away. Let's hope so. Good luck, Tom
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 05:23 AM
    Agree you have probably already flushed the battery away but just in case you find you haven't, purchase a flexible magnetic pick up tool from Walmart to retrieve.

V-8 Tools Mighty Worm 26'' Flexible Magnetic Pickup Tool: Tools : Walmart.com

Apr 28, 2013, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hkstroud View Post
    Agree you have probably already flushed the battery away but just in case you find you haven't, purchase a flexible magnetic pick up tool from Walmart to retrieve.

V-8 Tools Mighty Worm 26'' Flexible Magnetic Pickup Tool: Tools : Walmart.com
    Although I can't tell if its gone or not, I did notice that the bowl is a bit low on water. Does this mean the toilet is in fact clogged somewhere?
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 29, 2013, 08:37 AM
    If it flushes solids down it's my guess the battery's already gone. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda civic 2006 , battery went flat , charged battery , put key in and green ignitio [ 1 Answers ]

Honda civic 2006, 2.2 Battery went flat, charged battery, put key in car and green ignition light has come on and won't let me start the car ? Please help

Hello guys... I have a problem with my siphon jet bowl... [ 1 Answers ]

I have a big problem with regards to my toilet bowl (siphon jet toilet).. because if it is unused still it will automatically drain the water out to a small hole (jet)...

Keys stuck in ignition and battery is dead for my Subaru Forester [ 5 Answers ]

I'm from California, and I drive a 2002 Subaru Forester. Today I was getting out of my car when I realized that I left the window open. I put the keys back in to close the window, then got distracted by my friends and stupidly left the keys in the ignition in on. I came back around 2 hours...

Why is refill into toilet bowl from bowl rim holes so sloppy? [ 12 Answers ]

Help! I have removed the old ball float from my toilet system and installed a fluidmaster and since I've done that the water coming out of the holes underneath the rim of the bowl literally plopps out of the holes in a straight line and splashes up on the toilet seat and... well if your sitting...

View more questions Search