Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Potatohead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2013, 07:20 PM
    Summons
    If a summons is issued by Chase Bank to a family who made one late payment on their home mortgage, and now cannot get answers as to why that check and the next three checks were returned as delinquent, what do we do? Only one payment was late. It was due Jan. 1 and paid Jan. 31. All 3 other monthly checks were submitted on time and returned delinquent. Why can this family not get answers? Why was a summons issued in this case?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2013, 07:33 PM
    Chase Bank is the only one who knows. Was there a history of late payments? There must be some reason why the Bank is not allowing the family to bring the account up to date.

If all else fails you need to consult with a real estate Attorney - what is the summons for? Foreclosure?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 25, 2013, 03:24 AM
    ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

What does the summons say? Have you been making full payments? Did you go into your branch and ask?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 25, 2013, 03:44 AM
    30 days late or more is a trigger. Did you go away? Did you warn them, or just pay late? Because usually they try to contact you. Were you unreachable or did you fail to respond?
    What is the date of the summons? If you don't respond to the summons within 30 days of it, you will be foreclosed on, returned payments or not.

You don't mess with lenders anymore. They have been burned, as you may have noticed in the last 4 - 5 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Summons [ 2 Answers ]

What do I do? A person has been trying to serve me with a summons to go to court on a credit card debt. Do I take it or don't take it so that they will leave me alone?

Summons [ 2 Answers ]

Mr. Yet help! I received several summons recently to which I replied within the 20 calendar days with an intend to defend letter. I have now received one notice of hearing for a status conference. The court indicates that the attorney for the plaintiff can appear by telephone and demands I appear...

Deceptive summons and credit card info on my summons [ 20 Answers ]

I received my first summons in Feb. 2009. It stated that I needed to state in writing ny defense and deliver to the attorney within 20 days. I wrote it up and faxed it because the are in Seattle and I am in Yakima. I have the receipt of fax. On the 2nd summons it states that since I didn't file and...

Regarding summons and what to do next [ 12 Answers ]

I received a summons today regarding a credit card debt that is several years old. It is on the borderline of the Statute of Limitations --they are claiming a payment in Sept. 2003 -my records show the last payment was in JUne 2003. In Georgia the Statute of limitations is 4 years from date of...

View more questions Search