Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Merdlemac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2013, 05:51 PM
    Throw up nightmare
    Our almost three year old son has trown up everything he has eaten today... Anything I can do for him at home? Or do I need to take him in?
    timhath90 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Apr 24, 2013, 06:40 PM
    Try feeding a couple saltines like crackers, they are good for when you're throwing up because they are light on the stomach. If you are comfortable with this one, give him small sips of ginger ale because ginger helps settle the stomach, just very small sips. If he handles both well, just continue it for a few days and try to increase the amount of crackers you give him until he can eat normal again.
    jordii Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Apr 24, 2013, 06:47 PM
    If there is a fever I would try to bring that down by a cooling bath/meds before giving him any more food and then think about sips of a rehydrating beverage/sport beverage/pedialite, etc.

It's never a bad idea to consult a doctor or pharmacist to be sure.
    timhath90 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Apr 24, 2013, 06:52 PM
    Very true, that is those were the only things I could think of. Hope your son feels better though.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 24, 2013, 10:21 PM
    Does he have a fever? At the age of 3 fevers can go from low to extremely high very quickly. There's also a risk of dehydration, and toddlesr can become dehydrated fast.

If his temperature goes above 102, rush him to the doctor or hospital. Give him pedialyte to help with the dehydration.

Consulting with your doctor is never a bad idea, especially with a child this young.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my husband throw me out? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband & I have been together for 13 yrs, married for nearly 5 yrs. We live in NSW Australia. We bought our home a little over 2 yrs ago & it is in his name. He works & is a police officer, I work casually (not very often), work around his roster & have stayed at home to look after children...

I throw like a girl [ 8 Answers ]

It's embarrassing... I'm a 20 year old male and apparently I have the throwing action of a girl. I used to play cricket when I was in primary school, in high school once a group of people made fun of me during sport because they said I throw like a girl... I never knew! All through high school I...

Can he throw me out? [ 2 Answers ]

As you can see by the postings in the "marriage"section my husband is abusive and wants to throw me out.We are both on the lease and because of my legal status I cannot work legally which he is aware of.Can I file for spousal support to hold me over?

View more questions Search