Ask
    Deidre143 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2013, 08:06 AM
    Physical Therapy
    Subjects to study in high school
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2013, 08:18 AM
    Biology... for one... as well as the other college prep classes, but you have to go to college to take courses for a degree after high school to become a physical therapist... you don't learn that in high school.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2013, 09:17 AM
    Psychology, biology, and a good foundation in all other subjects like math and history and literature (you will be better able to relate to your patients if you know about all kinds of stuff). Learning a language such as Spanish would be helpful.

Do volunteer work or get a paid part-time job working with medical patients somehow. I was a PT aide for two years and know it is very important to be able to be empathetic, to be able to get inside the patient's head as to how he feels and be able to predict how a certain treatment will work for him mentally, physically, and medically. For instance, transferring/moving disabled/bedbound patients from one place to another is an art unto itself -- how much work does the aide and therapist do and how much does the patient do. Therefore, my advice is to volunteer at a nursing home or hospital and take any courses offered to volunteers -- CPR, transporting of patients, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Info. On Physical Therapy? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused:I'm so torn over what career path I want! I know that I want something in health care because I love helping people, but I'm so torn right now. I've been looking into Respiratory Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Social Work. Last time I asked about Social Workers, but this time I...

About Physical Therapy [ 6 Answers ]

I have went through P.T. a few times and still wonder as to why they even have this therapy for people when I believe that it doesn't work for about 75% of the time. I know that this is a question that is hard to prove that it works, but I for one feel that it does not work in to many cases... I...

Physical therapy [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering if anyone could help me, my problem is that I went to see my doctor yesterday and she referred to se a physical therapist but she never gave me the refferal Slip to call them.. I would like to know what I should, can I make a appointment to see a therapist or should I wait?:)

Physical Therapy, Job [ 3 Answers ]

Im only 16, but when I get older, I want to do Physical Therapy. So I was wondering if there's any good tips for classes I should take in school, or good places to get a job that can help me out. Im a junior this year, and I've taken Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy, and next year Im taking Allied...

Physical therapy [ 1 Answers ]

In the massage therapy industry; do customers prefer to get massage from masseuses with large hands?

View more questions Search