Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 23, 2013, 05:41 PM
    I've decided to go vegetarian
    As the title says, I've decided to go vegetarian. I'm not much of a meat fan to begin with, and the animal killing aspect of eating meat has always bothered me too, so it makes sense to make this change.

My daughter (10) has decided that she wants to go vegetarian as well.

What I need now are some great recipes. Anyone have any great vegetarian recipes they can share?
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Apr 23, 2013, 05:55 PM
    Haha good luck! I did that for 7 years, but reverted because I like the taste of cow too much. My parents hated it but, they did a great job supporting me. My step mom used to make the best sautéed egg plant. I have no idea what the recipe is but, I think this one is pretty similar:

Sauteed Eggplant

Good luck!
    Pets Expert

Apr 23, 2013, 06:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald View Post
    Haha good luck! I did that for 7 years, but reverted because I like the taste of cow too much. My parents hated it but, they did a great job supporting me. My step mom used to make the best sautéed egg plant. I have no idea what the recipe is but, I think this one is pretty similar:

Sauteed Eggplant

Good luck!
    LOL! Thanks. Truth told, I'm not much of a meat eater anyway, I actually only eat meat because my husband loves it. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate all meat, but the few times a year I get to eat my Aunt's turkey, and the 2 times a year my husband makes his bbq ribs, are really the only times I actually enjoy eating meat. So giving it up won't really be that hard. I hope. ;)

Thanks for the recipe. I've never actually had eggplant anything, so I'm eager to try it.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Apr 24, 2013, 02:39 PM
    Oh you'll love it, it's amazing. I don't know if you've tried sautéed asparagus before either, but with a bit of butter it's delectable.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 24, 2013, 02:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernald View Post
    Oh you'll love it, it's amazing. I dunno if you've tried sautéed asparagus before either, but with a bit of butter it's delectable.
    I had my first spring asparagus that way last week -- aaaaaaaaaaaah!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 24, 2013, 02:49 PM
    I've tried and always revert out of sheer laziness and some amount of craving for a juicy hamburger. My main animal proteins come from chicken and eggs.
    Recently I've noticed a chemical smell on the hamburger I buy for my dog, and the chicken I buy for myself. The chickens are the whole ones tightly wrapped. Something about all of them smells just awful, and it's not from going bad. They are adding new chemical preservatives, I'm sure.

Anyway ----- I love tofu, but haven't cooked it lately. Small cubes in brown rice and vegetables. Gomasio (ground toasted unhulled sesame seeds with sea salt) on top, and crushed nori (flat dried pressed seaweed, for iron). Don't forget that there are very few sources of iron in vegetables, and you can't be sure that the average spinach etc has enough. Blackstrap molasses is another source.
    For best protein, you are supposed to combine grains, beans, and seeds, all in one meal.
    Also don't forget that you will need to add salt, because you will be getting very little, and you do need it.
    If you will be eating dairy, an animal product, yogurt of course.
    Pets Expert

Apr 24, 2013, 04:35 PM
    Joy, you're making me hungry.

I have to admit, I've only had tofu once, and I wasn't really a fan, but that was many years ago. I'm willing to give it another chance. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vegetarian help please.. [ 2 Answers ]

I have vegetarian beliefs and want to start being a vegetarian again. I was a vegetarian for awaile and wouldn't eat any meat,but now,all I seem to be eating is flesh! I'm really scared I will lose my friend if I tell her if my vegetarian diet is an off and on habit and not an ongoing thing like...

Pesco-Vegetarian [ 4 Answers ]

Hi once more! Im not too sure where to put this question because its concerning a few topics. But basically. Ive been a pesco vegetarian for a year now (A person who eats seafood but not other meats) because I love animals dearly and wouldn't like to eat them or have them go through such cruel...

Vegetarian meals [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, and thoroughly enjoying it. Now, a question, please! For reasons of both health and economy I am trying to cook more vegetarian meals. The problem is, everything I produce seems to taste of the same three things - tomato, garlic and chili. Please...

Becoming a Vegetarian [ 3 Answers ]

I'm thinking of becoming a vegetarian and I have been eating meat for all of my life until now . If I stop eating meat all of the sudden will I get sick or something and are than any tips or special guidelines to follow while being a vegetarian?

Vegetarian [ 10 Answers ]

My problem is I'm a vegetarian. I want to be, and I am. Too bad my parents won't accept that. I don't eat meat. And I have absoutley no problem when other people do. I just don't like it. I've only reciently confronted my parents about my non meat eating choices. And they've gone balistic. My...

View more questions Search