Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2013, 06:46 AM
    lawanwadee, you know how much I respect your knowledge. I think you are wasting your time here.

Unless someone can clearly explain that "permanent" for whatever reason means just that, "permanent" the thread is not going to change. Apparently I cannot.
    MistyD31 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2013, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    lawanwadee, you know how much I respect your knowledge. I think you are wasting your time here.

Unless someone can clearly explain that "permanent" for whatever reason means just that, "permanent" the thread is not going to change. Apparently I cannot.
    Y'all think he crossed with a fraudulent visa which is untrue and I have spoken to 2 other immigration attorneies. Both have said he does not have a permanent bar because to acquire a permanent bar he had to of crossed illegally or attempted to cross illegally back into Mexico, which was not the case he had a valid visa.

It has been my experience that not all immigration attorneies know what they are talking about. Because like I said immigration never told me he has a permanent bar just some attorney assist did.

But thank you both for your judgmental and unhelpful comments.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2013, 06:55 AM
    Misty, you haven't heard a word I've said. I never said he had an illegal visa. Maybe someone else did, but it wasn't me. If you have retained Attorneys who have given you incorrect information, report them to the Bar. If on the other hand you're going from Attorney to Attorney by telephone and giving them very general info, expect the opinions you receive.

I have said over and over - a 19 year (or permanent ban) is just that, a 10 year or permanent ban. It doesn't matter if he's banned because someone didn't like the color of his socks. He's banned.

What about the word permanent is a mystery to you?

Homeland Security bans people all the time through mistake or just plain meanness. Whatever happened he received a 10 year (or permanent) ban - that means exactly what it says, not "10 years unless we change our minds."

You were married to him and didn't realize his visa had expired? That's judgmental.

As far as unhelpful and judgmental, carry your attitude into an Immigration Hearing and see how far you get.

Apr 26, 2013, 07:00 AM
    I don't know for sure he has a permanent ban... I have NOT been told that by immigration at all. Only a legal assistant told me that could be the case.

His visa was NOT expired when he crossed. Immigration canceled the visa because they investigated and saw the previous overstay. When we went to the immigration office at the border to ask if he was deported they said no he can apply for another visa or his papers with no problem.

No I have gone into their offices and paid money for every consultation.

Apr 26, 2013, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyD31 View Post
    I don't know for sure he has a permenant ban.....I have NOT been told that by immigration at all. Only a legal assistant told me that could be the case.

His visa was NOT expired when he crossed. Immigration canceled the visa bc they investigated and saw the previous overstay. When we went to the immigration office at the border to ask if he was deported they said no he can apply for another visa or his papers with no problem.

No I have gone into their offices and paid money for every consultation.
    And yes I know he has at least a 10year bar but I also know there are waivers we can do. I was just freaked out when the legal assistant said he has a permanent bar. My has never been deported never crossed illegally always with his valid visa and has no criminal record. The 10 year bar yes I know he has that because of the overstay. Which for that I can do a waiver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2013 immigration reform [ 7 Answers ]

I lived for 11 and a half years in US and I returned to brazil in 08/2012. I paid my taxes all this years, and I have a 9 Years old doughter who was born in US. Will I qualify for the 2013 immigration reform?

Comprehensive Immigration reform [ 16 Answers ]

Hello: The right wing KNOWS it LOST the Hispanic vote, so they SAY they want to mellow their positions.. Now they want COMPREHENSIVE immigration reform. But, I don't know what that means... Is it the same old policy with a new name? Have you relented on your pledge to throw 12 million people...

Immigration reform is next. [ 21 Answers ]

Hello smoothy: Couple things: If your family was starving, and YOU were unable to provide for them, and you saw a help wanted sign, but it was on the other side of a line that you're not supposed to cross, would you cross it anyway, go to work and send money to your family? Of course, you...

Law reform [ 5 Answers ]

I came to the us in 95 I was 17 years at that time they grant me a permanent residence at the airport my mom was us citizen naturalize before I came can I apply for the us citizenship

Reform Judaism [ 22 Answers ]

I wish to convert to Judaism, but my greatest fear is circumcision. I did a little bit of reseach, and I found out that Judaism has a branch called "reform Judaism", but I also read that it is not accepted by the more conservative Jews. Should I convert or remain religionless but uncut? It is my...

View more questions Search