Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Talan7528 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2013, 09:58 PM
    Clough, please help. SEO question.
    Clough,

I came upon some of your old posts and noticed that you mentioned that you do advertising online(seo) and I was wondering if you could help me. You also stated this on your page:

"Being involved with a number of small businesses that I run, I have learned much about utilizing the Internet as an advertising tool and also ways that work in order to promote a business to the general public. Currently do the advertising on the Internet for my own businesses as well as for a number of ministries in my area and the Quad City Wind Ensemble"

Now, I do not know a lot about seo but I have started doing a lot of research and have been watching many videos. I feel like I know a lot more about the subject but there is so much more to learn!

Our company is currently working on a brand new website using the godaddy website tonight/domain name/seo and it is set to be finished in a month with full-time work being done daily. We are anticipating our content to be much better than it is right now(we currently have a website using Yahoo sitebuilder that took only a week or so to make). The website does not rank very well in Google.

I was wondering if you could help us out. Even though I do not know your experience in this department, it seems that you may be highly educated in this area.

Do you currently run a business? How is the website ranked? Has the website been ranked consistently without being "kicked down" by the bots? Could you look over our website and see what the problems could be?

All help would be greatly appreciated and amount of knowledge that you could pass down would be amazing!

And before I forget, we are a family owned commercial and residential cleaning business in northeast Ohio.

Thanks,
    Talan
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2013, 10:18 PM
    Clough hasn't posted since Christmas, 2011. We have other members who know SEO stuff, so please check back to find out if anyone responded. I moved your question to a more appropriate category that will attract those members.
    Talan7528 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2013, 10:27 AM
    Thanks for the help Wondergirl! Looking forward to hearing back from anyone with any suggestions.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 23, 2013, 01:50 PM
    Certain businesses are just always going to remain local, searched for the old fashioned ways, such as ads in papers, word of mouth, signs on trucks, signs on store fronts, and mass mailings. I think yours falls in that category.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 23, 2013, 03:04 PM
    I agree with joy, your best bet is to find local sites that are basically online yellow pages and advertise with them. A website for a business like yours is more of an online brochure giving info to clients that know to look you up. The likelihood of it driving customers to you is slim, no matter how well constructed. You still want a nice site, so when prospective customers come, then will be impressed by your company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

For Clough [ 122 Answers ]

I am out of work and I want to take this opportunity to get my education. In this day and time you need both parties working in the household to make it. Right now we are barely surviving on his pay alone. I am seeking an online degree from CTU, because I am so tired of the endless dead-end jobs...

View more questions Search