Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allieemma123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2013, 06:11 PM
    Jute Back carpet on stairs
    I am putting down a jute back carpeting on my stairway to my basement. Do I need a padding? Do I need to glue it down?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2013, 07:34 PM
    If you don't what to break your neck when the carpet slips.. which it will. You could ride a piece of jute backed carpet down the stairs like a toboggan.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2013, 08:46 PM
    Jute back carpet should have padding under it. It adds to the life of carpet and is nicer to walk on. It should be installed with tackless tack strips or stapled at the bottom of the riser and back of the tread. For stapling you will need an upholstery gun.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carpet for my stairs [ 5 Answers ]

I was advised to carpet my stairs for safety. I don't know which texture would help keep me from falling or tripping.

Water splashs back on down stairs toilet when I flush up stairs toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Air comes up down stairs toilet and splashes when I flush up stairs toilet also drain in up stairs shower air comes up and splashes water

Best Tye of Carpet for Interior Stairs [ 7 Answers ]

What is the best type of carpet for interior steps? From reading online I know that I want a dense carpet that has a low pile. Can anyone give more specifics? The steps I'm covering are oak with a rounded nose on the edge of the tread. I really like the way the carpet looks on the stairs...

How can I remove carpet tack strips glued down on stairs? [ 4 Answers ]

HELP PLEASE?! I wish to remove the very old, dust laden :eek: carpets located in the front stairwell. I lifted up a corner and see that there are wooden tack strips that are glued down VERY VERY tightly. I tried to pry one up and it was absolutely impossible. I would greatly appreciate any tips...

View more questions Search