Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CieraC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2013, 03:08 PM
    I need space from my boyfriend but I don't want to break up with him
    I have always been independent and I love being alone or just hanging out with my family at home. I get really stressed out with school (I'm in high school still plus taking three college classes) and he has never heard of homework. All he does is lay around his house and do nothing so he always wants to hang out.. constantly. I love him but I wish he would just go away for awhile so I can have one day of getting everything done without making time for him every day and putting my homework off. I don't want to break up with him but I need space. This is my first real relationship and we've been together 7 months. I don't know what to do or how to get him to understand this feeling without making him feel like I'm tired of him because he is great to me. I just need space for a bit but if I tell him I want a break it would upset him and I don't want to lose him.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 22, 2013, 03:22 PM
    I haven't read what is great about him.

Why does he have the luxury of lying around while you are knocking yourself out to have a great future? He isn't in school and has no job?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2013, 04:43 PM
    I haven't read what is great about him either. I am 71 yrs old, a widower, and he sounds like some of the men I have known... bums!
    You are a "go-getter", a doer, and will go places, have money, and have a good life, but not with someone like him!
    Please find someone else to have as a boyfriend... someone more close to what and who you are... a real doer! Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend Wants a break/Space.. I don't know what its mean and what I should do? [ 9 Answers ]

HI, I am 26 years old, and my GF is 23. We have been in a relationship for the last 1 year. We deeply fell in love with each other. As she lives far away from me we haven't met yet, but talked to each other on FB 24/7. Everything was going smooth but suddenly things went wrong as I might be...

My boyfriend need space and time to make himself better. I don't know what to do. [ 18 Answers ]

Hello,:( I am completely lost in my relationship. I have been with a men for 2 years and half everything was great until he start getting cold with me for 2 past month. But it was still okay. I know he has a lot of things going on in his life right now and that his parent decided to let him...

I want to save my relationship ,my boyfriend need a space I don't know what to do [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am in a relationship from last 8 months it's a long distance relationship. But from June onwards we both are facing some problem . I was depressed due to his nature and his behaviour I have done something with me and after this my friend called him up . Due to this he was so much pissed off...

What does my boyfriend mean he wants to take a little break and have some space? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over 3 years. We would hang out a lot, every night and would talk or text on the phone a lot during the day. We would fight about the dumbest things. Ex- I ask him to do something on my car and he would kind of complain but if his mom asked he'd do...

My boyfriend asked for a break does this mean its over or he just needed his space? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, everyone I'm very confused right now, I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months,his family knows me & like me & mutual feelings with my family.. his feeling toward me is that he loves me and his in love with me, things are really great between us until tonight, he had physical relationship in...

View more questions Search