Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joshily123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2013, 09:31 PM
    Statutory rape
    Is it statutory rape in alberta canada for a 14 year old to have sex with a 19 year old? What happens if she gets pregnant and the fines and stuff just for sex?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 21, 2013, 09:36 PM
    Fines? How about a sex offender label for life? Yes, he can go to prison and be labeled a sex offender for the rest of his life.

Is it worth it to you?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 21, 2013, 09:43 PM
    The legal age of consent in Alberta is 16. The 14 year old is a child, the 19 year old is an adult. Not only can the adult go to jail for statutory rape, but he/she will also be labeled as a sex offender for the rest of his life, as J9 already posted.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 21, 2013, 09:46 PM
    Also, if she gets pregnant he will never be allowed to be around the child.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2013, 10:37 PM
    LOL, "fines" it is prison time, serious prison time, you will be a sex offender the rest of your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statutory rape [ 10 Answers ]

If a person under the age of consent lies about their age to an adult, saying they are older than they are, can the adult still be charged? Also what is the time limit to charge someone of statutory rape from when the sex happened?

Statutory Rape [ 3 Answers ]

So I am dating a guy who turned twenty in June, I turned fifteen in may we have been dating for seven months. My parents found out and they snapped but the thing is we dated once before and they didn't care. They found out that we had sex just recently and they threatened to send him to jail. Now...

Statutory rape [ 10 Answers ]

I was raped 3 1/2 yrs ago and have a child as a result. I was to terrified to say anything at the time being 17 yrs old myself. The rapist was 21. How long do I have to report this? My husband and I don't want this guy to get away with this. Any help?

Statutory Rape? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! Does anyone know the laws in Florida? Can a 16 year old girl be charged of statutory rape by the parents of a 14 year old boy? Please help me. This is very important.

Statutory rape [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 19 year old guy who lives in Alberta, Canada & had a sexual intercourse with a 16 year old girl. Can I get charged with statutory rape by her parents? Im not really sure what the age of consent here in Alberta Canada.. please help me

View more questions Search