Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Racelwithnoh Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2013, 05:12 PM
    Suggestion on conventional top load washing machine purchase
    Old washer gave up the ghost.

Need new one.

Will absolutely not entertain any idea of an HE washer. Been there done that mildew smells and twisted jeans and washing the washer not in the realm of possibility.

As large as capacity as possible.

And would prefer to avoid this new locking lid I see on many models (Eg WTW4800XQ) I want to be able to add an item I forgot without washer draining, I want to see the water level as it fills. Would prefer manual control of most everything, Lower the price lower the bells and whistles to break and don't need a machine that talks to me or thinks for me.

Thanks!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2013, 07:48 PM
    Whirlpool, Kenmore, Roper. Look at Consumers Guide in the library. Then go to Brandsmart or HH Gregg.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 21, 2013, 11:14 PM
    Find a Sears scratch and dent outlet. They seem to like to keep them a secret.

Buy a used one locally, from craigslist, but go see it working before you buy.

I like Home Depot for appliances. I like my LG front loader with the rocket ship panel, for the huge energy savings and the super quiet spin cycle. I had to learn to not fill it much to get clothes clean, leave the door open when not in use, wipe the gasket after each use, and periodically drain the hose at the front bottom.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2013, 05:37 AM
    Always get a top loading model. I like Maytag and Whirlpool.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 17 year kitchenaid top load washing machine and the agitator is not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kitchenaid washing machine and the bottom portion of the agitator only turns briskly in one direction in the normal cycle. The agitator won't wig wag and it makes aloud thumping noise.The clothes get all wrapped up tight around the agitator as a result.The only cycle that it agitates...

Top Load Whirlpool Washing Machine during spin cycle makes a loud noise [ 0 Answers ]

The washing machine makes a loud squeeking/rubbing noise on spin cycle. About a year or so I started finding silver balls rolling at the bottom of the washer basket. 8 years old and is a Whirlpool Top Load Help!

Top load whirlpool style washing machine will not spin [ 1 Answers ]

I have removed motor and gearbox/transmission from cabinet. I had to replace the drive/motor coupler on a previous washer so I thought that may have been the problem this time also. I separated the motor from gear box to check the coupler. It was NOT broken. I tried to start the washer with it out...

View more questions Search