Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jarodsprouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2013, 01:00 PM
    Amp readings on three-phase power
    Why is it that when I checked the amps on L1 yesterday and then checked it again today the reading was different with the same load
    HowHardCanItBe Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2014, 09:35 AM
    Motor loads will vary as they work harder, but should be all three phases. L1 might be tapped for control side of things, but would be minimal.

You could have a problem that's developing--check for loose connections and if you have access to thermal imaging, look for excessive, uneven heat on that leg.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it safe to connect 1 phase and 3 phase components together in one power strip? [ 2 Answers ]

My two buddies and I are a bunch of mech engineer students trying to build a HVAC laboratory unit for our senior project class and we don't even know if it's possible to connect 1phase components with 3 phase components. Say for example a 3 phase humidifier and a 1 phase fan connected to one power...

3-phase vs single phase power usage [ 2 Answers ]

My currnet a/c is on 3-phase and I'm going to replace it. I want to get a 5 ton 16 SEER ($1500 gov't rebate)but they are available in only single phase. I'm wondering if it will cost significantly more to run a new 16 SEER unit on single phase than a new 13 SEER on 3-phase.

Single phase vs. 3 phase power - what makes 3 phase more efficient? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, What is it that makes 3 phase power more efficient? Suppose I need an air compressor for a printing shop and I can choose between a 7.5HP single phase and a 7.5HP 3 phase. Ignoring that the cost of the motor is a little less for 3 phase, why is the motor more efficient and how does...

Single Phase Power Vs Three Phase Power [ 4 Answers ]

What is the differencve between single phase power and three phase power?

Option of 3 phase or single phase power, [ 2 Answers ]

How would one decide on which to use either 3 phase or single phase power to heat an airplane hanger?

View more questions Search