Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2013, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Both Brothers were Muslims......its a proven and known fact.

They weren't Bhudists....Hidus, Christian, Aetheist or Jewish.
    They were Muslims in name only. I can call myself a Christian but it doesn't amount to a hill of beans if I don't act like one.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    They were Muslims in name only. I can call myself a Christian but it doesn't amount to a hill of beans if I don't act like one.
    They were acting on... and in the name of their faith... and they are far from an insolated minority in it. Those that think as they do number in the Millions.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2013, 08:28 AM
    They were acting on...and in the name of their faith....and they are far from an insolated minority in it.
    None of the hundreds of Muslims I know would act this way (or we'd all be dead). They were an aberration and a shame to their faith.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 10, 2013, 08:29 AM
    They were a product of perversion like that McVeigh dude was a product of perversion. Neither followed the good of their religion. Both acted in a criminal way.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 08:29 AM
    None of the hundreds of Muslims I know would act this way (or we'd all be dead). They were an aberration and a shame to their faith.
    That they might be... but they aren't an insignificant minority. If it were dozens... or even hundreds maybe... thousands even... but not when the numbers are into the millions.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2013, 08:31 AM
    That they might be...but they aren't an insignificant minority.
    If you total up all the good Muslims in the world, yes, they are.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 08:33 AM
    If you total up all the good Muslims in the world, yes, they are.
    I won't... because Millions are a significant threat to everyone... particularly since the so-called Majority of good Muslims don't see them as a threat or deal with them themselves or turn them over to people who will.

If that was true.. they could make the problem disappear in a matter of months.. if not sooner. And do it among themselves.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2013, 08:40 AM
    I won't...because Millions are a significant threat to everyone...particularly since the so-called Majority of good Muslims don't see them as a threat or deal with them themselves or turn them over to people who will.
    Bay Area Muslims Friday condemned the Boston Marathon bombings and braced for possible retaliatory attacks following the identification of the suspects as Chechen Muslims, according to civil rights and advocacy groups. Bay Area Muslims on edge after Boston bombings | www.ktvu.com

JAMAICA, New York (April 15, 2013) – The Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA) expresses its outrage at the bomb attacks today on the Boston Marathon.
    ICNA Expresses Outrage at Boston Bomb Attacks | Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA)

"Basically it's distressing you feel like here is one more American youth through an individual identity conflict has fallen victim to a radical ideology and we must fight this ideology."

Doctor Faheem Younus of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community Center and MuslimsforPeace.org says the allegations against Martinez show there is a great misunderstanding about what Islam is about among Americans and even members of their own faith.
    Area Muslims outraged by Catonsville bombing plot

Want more?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2013, 08:47 AM
    Those Muslims that have public beheadings, stonings, chop off hands and otherwise generally oppress women, are they real or fake?
    Uber Member

May 10, 2013, 08:48 AM
    Ok.. you have a few... a very few standing up... And I will give those few credit for doing so... the fact is... they really are the insignifican minority.

As an analogy... a non religious one.

You live in a high rise Condo... one of your neighbors is a pedophile and quite a few people in the condo know it... but nobody says anything because they are a fellow condo owner out of loyalty...

They don't get a free ride for not turning them in... in fact they become responsible for helping it continue.

Because this sort of thing doesn't happen in a vacuum.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 10, 2013, 08:56 AM
    Because this sort of thing doesn't happen in a vacuum.
    That's our problem in this country. We are all trying so hard to be PC that we miss seeing the trees while looking at the forest. The kidnapped women living in that Cleveland house made attempts to be noticed, but ten years went by before they were rescued. We're ALL too afraid of blowing the whistle on someone and maybe getting sued or shunned or yelled at or whatever. And yes, we ignore the shoplifter and the mother who is hitting her kid in public and the man who is verbally abusing his female partner. I've done it; you've done it. The Muslim community is basically living in fear of repercussions, so lie low and hope things calm down.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 10, 2013, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Those Muslims that have public beheadings, stonings, chop off hands and otherwise generally oppress women, are they real or fake?
    Primitive and barbaric are the words I use. Much like the beheadings in old Europe when the bluebloods were the link to god, or the witch burners of Salem, Mass. Let's not leave out the Spanish Inquisition.

History is littered with atrocities in the name of whatever god. Still is.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

May 10, 2013, 08:57 AM
    There are very few liberal muslims who openly opposed the wrong methods of islam, like salman rushdie. But most educated and modern muslims don't speak openly about anything. Forget terror or jihad, even educated women support hijab and parda. Finds reasons to support the hijab. There are many such examples. Worst thing is the funding to extremist groups are made by same educated muslims. Such cases been found. So again islam as a community need introspection.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2013, 03:42 PM
    Vacuum yes that's the right word
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2013, 10:44 AM
    BELCHERTOWN (CBS) – Shortly after midnight Tuesday, seven people were caught trespassing at the Quabbin Reservoir.

State Police say the five men and two women are from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore, and “cited their education and career interests” for being in the area. The men told police they were chemical engineers and recent college graduates.

The Quabbin, in Belchertown, is one of the country's largest man-made public water supplies. Boston's drinking water comes from the Quabbin and the Wachusett Reservoirs.

State Police say there were no warrants or advisories on any of the individuals and “there was no evidence that the seven were committing any crime beyond the trespassing.”

All seven were allowed to leave and will be summonsed to court for trespassing. The FBI is investigating and routine checks of public water supplies have been increased following the incident.

The seven individuals currently live in Amherst, Cambridge, Sunderland, Northampton and New York City. Police have not released their names because a court date has not been set
    7 Caught Trespassing At Quabbin Reservoir; Patrols Stepped Up Across State « CBS Boston

Yeah it a common occurrence for foreign students to further their education and career interests by scaling a fence at midnight to trespass into an area that is vulnerable to terrorist attack .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hitmen in boston [ 1 Answers ]

Gangster movie set in boston where two brothers are hitmen in boston

Boston wills? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My cousin just passed away- he was a resident of Boston, Mass and I live in Atlanta, GA. I am pretty sure he had some money tucked away, and that he left some of it to me as I was one of his closest relitives. Right now my mom has the most control. She said that she lost power of...

Boston Terriers [ 1 Answers ]

I hate to give an answer that may not be much help, but I must tell you how glad I am that you are giving a rescue dog a second chance. I hope you are working with a good rescue that will be sure to make a successful placement. Maybe your rescue would be the best place to find out about a good...

View more questions Search