Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Birk Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Expunging a Felony
    I was convicted of a felony when I was 18 years old in '98. I am having a terrible time getting a jobn, and I have a college degree. I was convicted of Burglary, we broke into a abandon gas station. For my first offense I got a felony, don't know why, but I did. Any chance I can get this expunged or anything? I am in Chicago, and my crime was in Chicago too.. thanks a lot. Birk
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Hello Birk:

Sure. You've got a good chance, but you'll need an attorney.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 21, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Well you got a felony becaue burglary is a felony, it is not the number of times you do something, but it is the criminal act you do that determines what you are charged with.

But yes it has been a while, you got a college degree, it is very likely that they will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expunging of Military Criminal Record [ 25 Answers ]

In 1995, CID was investigating my friend, when asked, I admitted that I had used Marijuana and LSD with her on one instance. I was not arrested, never went to court, but I was given a Field Grade Article 15/UCMJ. Lost rank, was given restriction and suspension to post. I had never before nor ever...

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

Living with a felony [ 40 Answers ]

Do companies have the right to exclude a candidate from a job position based on a felony conviction? I was recently hired by an IT consulting firm to do a software deployment for a major bank. The consulting firm investigated my background, after I had fully disclosed the information to them. ...

Expunging Record [ 5 Answers ]

My roommate was convicted when he was 19 of selling bootleg CD's, he claims he wasn't even selling them he was just talking with his friend the ;woner' (who was a street merchant apparently, you know the guys with the tables set up selling all kindsa stuff) Regardless he is now 24, and this stupid...

Felony law [ 2 Answers ]

If someone is a three time felon and they only put a finger on a gun can they go to jail even if he didn't threatened anyone with it?

View more questions Search