Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meganleanl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2013, 07:39 PM
    My hermit crab pinched me and it is huge what should I do?
    Hey! Today I got a Hermitt Crab, and well it is a little crabby right now and well when I was bringing it home and when I did I laid my hands flat so that it wouldn't be able to pinch me. Well that didn't work out so well, because it is huge and I was wacthing it and it pinched me with its small pincher and at first it didn't hurt. When it went up more on my thumb it pinched me with its huge pincher. It made me bleed. I thought that I should take it back but when I put it in its habitat and left it alone it went in its other shell. It is still a little crabby but I think it will get used to me. And I forgive it for pinching me
    Meganleanl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2013, 07:40 PM
    When you first get a hermit crab it will be scared so don't hold it at first and when you get home put it in its habitat and leave it alone for awhile
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 20, 2013, 07:43 PM
    Why did you answer your own question?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 20, 2013, 10:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Meganleanl View Post
    When you first get a hermit crab it will be scared so don't hold it at first and when you get home put it in its habitat and leave it alone for awhile
    I love it when people post a question that they already know the answer to.

Why did you bother to ask if you were going to be the one to provide the answer?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 21, 2013, 06:22 AM
    Make sure you disinfect the wound properly. Crustaceans carry a lot of germs on their shells.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Hermit Crab [ 2 Answers ]

I broke the Number One Rule Of All Things Pet-Related and bought a creature I know nothing about from a pet store. (Well, technically a beach store.) So now I've been googling care information but don't know where to start. All I have is a plastic jar of food, a little plastic house thing, a sea...

How do I get a Hermit Crab off me when it is pinching me? [ 20 Answers ]

OK so yesterday I got a Hermit Crab and I went to my grandmas and grandpas and I was holding her basically the whole time... then I went to my aunts... and she was pinched me and I started crying... and aunt tried to get it off just pulling gently... it wouldn't budge so she got a butter knife......

Cat actys like a hermit crab [ 2 Answers ]

Helloo :o I have a new kitten, her name is Auni She's so adorable and tiny, but she acts kind of strange sometimes. Im not particularly worried, just curious. Sometimes, she puts her back in the air (kind of like those cartoony black cats when their angry) and walks sideways, like a...

View more questions Search