Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TPAV Arundell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2013, 05:50 PM
    Remove write protection
    I have a 4gb stick and cannot delete or transfer photos on it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2013, 06:44 PM
    What brand is it?

Have you looked at the properties of the files on it? Have you tried to manually change them?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Apr 21, 2013, 12:41 PM
    Recently I tried wiping files from a flash drive adapter for a cameras SDHC card and it refused (though I could copy them to my hard drive). I figured it out later. When I first plugged the drive in I got a window that asked what I wanted to do and I selected "view files". The window that popped up to view the files would not let me delete them but if I closed it and then looked at the drive in Windows Explorer where it had a drive letter ("H" I think) then I could delete the files from there. You might try that and see what happens. Is it a 4gig flash drive or Camera card in an adapter or Camera card in the Camera?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I remove write protection? [ 1 Answers ]

I have 16 gb pendrive It cannot be format because it shows write protected Please help me sannu mirsa

How To Remove Write Protection From Pendrive [ 10 Answers ]

Hi this is Visu... I have a SONY 1 GB pen drive which has become write protected... there's no external switch to remove write protection and all attempts at using command prompt and recovery console result in the same message.. "the volume is write protected. unable to format".. please help me...

How to remove write protection on usb? [ 1 Answers ]

There is no switch on the flash drive what do I do how do I get this write protection off. I can not delete files please help

How can I Remove write protection of my USB? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Microdia flash drive... all of a sudden I can't copy files anymore on that usb.. it always says.. device is write-protected... it doesn't have a switch too... what should I do?. thanks..

Remove write-protection [ 3 Answers ]

How do I remove a write-protection from an MP3 player?

View more questions Search