Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Grandpa401 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2013, 05:27 PM
    Lawn tractor battery won't charge
    I have a Huskee Supreme 50" cut lawn tractor. It has a 25 hp Briggs and Stratton ELS twin cylinder engine. It has stopped charging the battery. The battery is OK and I can charge it with my battery charger and it works fine till it runs out of juice. The owners manual has no info on this and I can't find anything on the internet.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Apr 28, 2013, 12:27 PM
    Hi,
    There may be a parts manual for the entire machine with a schematic and there certainly is for the engine if you provide the numbers off it. Most probably a blown diode or rectifier depending how it is equipped. Numbers would be extremely helpful.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2013, 01:23 PM
    Is it still under any kind of warranty? If so, take it to a certified warranty small engine repair person. If not, then I would take it anyway, to get it fixed.
    My TroyBuilt, 42 in cut, 6 yrs old, is with my repair person right now, waiting to have something along the electrical problems found and fixed. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recharging lawn tractor battery [ 3 Answers ]

My John Deere battery for my lawn tractor -- LT 133 -- is (almost) dead. Can I jump start it by using battery cables hooked up to my Ford van, or is the van battery too powerful for the Deere? I don't want to fry either or both.

Battery voltage on honda 3810 lawn tractor won't stablize [ 1 Answers ]

Charged battery to 14 volts, when I turn the lights on they are very dim for about 15 sec's then they become bright When I turn the key to the on position I sometimes hear the fuel pump running sometimes it doesn't or is very slow (clicking noise). As soon as I try to start it everything dies and...

Sears Lawn Tractor, 19.5 B&S engine, New Battery, won't start? [ 6 Answers ]

Tractor is about 10 years old. Serviced regularly, also garaged. Just put a new Battery in. No click, when key is turned. Could be the seat safety switch, or?? Yes, I have new gas, cleaned the plugs, etc. I have it in neutral. Any suggestions? Is there another safety switch somewhere?

John deere tractor, battery will not charge [ 0 Answers ]

My battery is not charging on the L120. I jumped it off the car and it ran fine. Started to mow with the blade engaged. It ran for about 2-4 minutes and then the blade disengaged but the motor was still running. Took it back and jumped it. Blades engaged and then it disengaged 2-4 minutes later....

Lawn mower does not charge battery [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Like so many, I have a John Deere 260 mower. Battery does not charge. Replaced the $62 regulator. Then the $100 stator today. I put in a new John Deere battery exactly one year ago. I looked at it today. I see whatever the problem is, smoked the battery, as in one cell dry and the rest low....

View more questions Search