Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CompletelyBroken Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2005, 03:03 PM
    Political correctness
    Hello,
    I am curious as to why in this day and age when every word uttered publicly must be politically correct, (e.g. mailperson as opposed to mailman, and firefighter vis-à-vis fireman) first year college students are still called freshmen, as opposed to freshstudents, or freshpeople.

Mark
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Feb 20, 2005, 10:28 PM
    If you remember years ago when it became politically correct was because people felt offended if they were referred to as mail "man" if the person was a woman, the same with a fire "man" when there are women who do the same job. I think the people who thought this up about being correct have way too much time on their hands and have nothing better to do. Maybe if they volunteered their extra time they waste doing things like this they really might make a difference in a positive way to someone else's life instead of creating aggravation for the rest of us. Just like the people who think up that movie popcorn makes people fat, etc. These people need to get a life and quit trying to butt into everyone else's.
    mike145k Posts: 123, Reputation: -1
    -

Jul 4, 2005, 11:34 PM
    Evil doers
    Well its called gluttony ,that's what our world has become, a nation of I spy on your actions, and then I tell the world. I demand you to be perfect.but yet those who gleem on the world, ready to announce your mistakes,truly are the evil doers. Rather then forgive and have compassion,so that human kind can become losen ,from the grips of the evil doers.political correctness comes from the fear of the evil doers those I spoke of earlier.
    CompletelyBroken Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2005, 12:40 AM
    Political correctness
    Not quite sure what your point was, if there was one. Please clarify, with proper english, if possible. (Somewhat at least, OK? Thanks. ;-))

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

American political parties [ 15 Answers ]

Are there any other active political parties in the United States besides the Republicans and the Democrats? What I mean by active is, do they hold any seats in congress, or other areas of government? If not, why are there only 2 political parties? In Canada, right now we have 5 parties who occupy...

Political limericks [ 9 Answers ]

Join in if you can do one better. All for Poo and giggles... This was written by imo at japantoday forum at limericks R us. There once was a president named bush Who flew by the seat of his tush About his vision, when queried He said, I have a great theory

View more questions Search