Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fartknocker Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2013, 05:01 PM
    Hair follicle test
    I celebrated my birthday about 2 months ago by smoking a lot of pot that day. I was clean for about 2 months before that. Is it possible I will pass a hair follicle test for a job?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2013, 06:44 PM
    Not a chance...

Apr 18, 2013, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Not a chance....
    My, thank you for your detailed answer.
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2013, 07:23 PM
    You said a LOT of pot, not a tiny bit... that sealed your fate.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 18, 2013, 10:20 PM
    Yes, it is POSSIBLE... anything is possible... but it's really not likely.

Apr 18, 2013, 11:10 PM
    Well I guess I should wait another 30 days then, or more?
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2013, 04:51 AM
    Why would 30 days make a difference... its not a blood test... its forever (well not forever but a long time) locked up in your hair. You would have to wait well beyond the point it would grow out far enough... and that's a long time.

As long as you have hair on your body that was in a growth cycle at that time... you will have detectible results. And not all your hair grows at the same rate.

Apr 19, 2013, 11:12 AM
    I have cut the hair on my head since then, I think it will take another month to get to a useable length.
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2013, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fartknocker View Post
    I have cut the hair on my head since then, I think it will take another month to get to a useable length.
    They don't NEED to take THAT hair... any slow growing hair like eyelashes and eyebrows is just as good. As well as body hair, pubic hair... for these purposes hair is hair. In fact if you cut it short... they will go after the other just on suspicion.

I've known ONE person in my life that couldn't have a hair test done... and that's because they were born with a medical condition where they didn't have a single hair on their body... anyplace... ever (no eyebrows or eyelashes either). Yet they were subject to periodic drug testing (job related)... where they had to use alternate types of test.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2013, 12:04 PM
    Fartknocker, hair can be plucked/pulled from any part of your body in order to test it. That includes public, arm, back, stomach, wherever else you are growing hair.

MJ stays in hair until the hair grows out.

Is that detailed enough for you?
    lucky12345 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2013, 05:32 PM
    Multiple factors to keep in mind here/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hair follicle test [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a hair follicle test and the results came back 10/15/2012 positive for thc my levels were 30.5 pg/10mg I have not smoked marijuana over 30 days now. I may have to take another hair follicle test in next few weeks or even days for another job. Is there anything I can do to speed up...

Help, hair follicle test, used hair from arm pits [ 2 Answers ]

I stopped smoking in January 2012, before that I smoked two to three joints a week. July 7, after a friend died I had a couple of hits off a blunt. Yesterday, apron 49 days from when I last smoked weed, I had to take a hair follicle test for a possible job. I didn't know they were doing hair...

Hair follicle test [ 1 Answers ]

I have not used cocaine in 8 months but it is still showing up in a hair follicle test, how is this possible when the testing is for 3 months back?

View more questions Search