Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Apr 17, 2013, 03:00 PM
    Really sick help
    So yesterday morning like around 3:00am I started feeling sick. I was up with a sore throat and feeling nausea. Around 8:00 I got up to throw up. Then another time around 10:00. My body was getting weak and very cold even though I was covered with blankets. Then around 7:00pm I got a fever of 101. I took some Nyquil before bed and it didn't work I was up all night. Now my throat hurts and my ears are clogged. A couple minutes ago I was standing up talking to my dad and all the sudden my vision started to get black and my hearing was muffled. Now my ears are ringing terribly. Also now my head sort of hurts. What could this be?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 17, 2013, 03:33 PM
    You could be getting the flu, which can make you REALLY sick, but of course it can be anything. As usual, you stay warm and rested and drink TONS of water or weak juices or broth.
    A year ago you took 60 Advil all at once. You have been sick many times, according to past posts, and you are under stress over college. A month ago you wanted to lose weight fast. You are probably worn down physically and emotionally, and not eating right, and drinking enough, so it's easy to get sick.
    Blacking out can be just weakness and it can be dehydration. It can happen when you stand if you were lying down a long time, from a drop in blood pressure.
    As always when you have a fever, you have to take something specifically for reducing fever (Tylenol or aspirin), and should do so before going to a doctor or hospital, because that is the first crucial fact they need to have - did your fever go down. Feel free to take decongestants too, or there might be fever reducers in the combination. The ear ringing can be sinus congestion.
    In short - you might just be sick - a virus, for which there is no cure but what I said. Or it could be 'something!' We don't know!
    sleepingless Posts: 32, Reputation: -5

Apr 17, 2013, 03:33 PM
    It is a trip to the emergency room! Sounds like a inner ear infection gone wild. Go see a doctor!
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Apr 17, 2013, 03:45 PM
    Yeah I took sudafed once today. The vision probably is from laying down too much I have been in bed all day. My fever has gone down some and I have been staying hydrated. Right now I'm focusing on being healthy I'm not doing anything to harm my body.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 17, 2013, 03:59 PM
    Sadly there's really no way to diagnose online. It does sound like the flu, or a bad cold, but it could be many other things.

My general rule, when my kids get sick with something like this, is to let them rest, bring down the fever, plenty of fluids, and if it's not better in a few days, or gets worse, then it's time to see the doctor.

Only you can know when it's time to seek a doctors help. That's totally up to you. But know that we really cannot do anything for you, not even give you a diagnosis, online.

Good luck, and get better soon.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2013, 05:22 PM
    It could be anything from the flu to strep to menengitis - we can't diagnose you and whatever it is, you probably need medical care. Go to the doctor and if they are closed, go to an urgent care or ER facility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can we fall sick due to sick puppies [ 1 Answers ]

Hi We bought a puppy, it's a Labrador, when he was 45 days old rite now he is 63 days old (he was born on 30th may). The problem is when he came to us he had a bit of cold as he was sneezing he didn't eat properly, we took him to a vet who gave him canine corona virus and vanguard plus... its...

Hi everyone, I've been feeling sick the past few mornings not acc getting sick but jus [ 0 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've been feeling sick the past few mornings not acc getting sick but just empty reaches I have no pains in stomach just the going to be sick feeling, my breasts are sore at the sides and front and are sore to touch could I be pregnant please help? Oh and did have unprotected sex a few...

Very sick puppy very sick [ 12 Answers ]

I know I have been reading on this site and others and before I go any further I know my pup needs a doctor. I can not afford one at all right now and they won't make a payment plan with me because I have horrible credit. I have an 8 months old black lab that I was given for free or they were...

My 1yr old puppy is sick, vomiting.not worms, sick only in morning. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello:) I am new here.. My 1yr old pup, Gracie, is a house dog, she is 1/2 Pomeranian & 1/2 Min. Doberman. For the last few days she has been vomiting in the morning, that is the only time she does. We are very careful what she eats & as we live in town, she stays indoor.. even to void. She is...

View more questions Search