Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nateandtiff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2013, 01:38 PM
    Unmarried fathers rights in the state of Arkansas
    My fieance and I are expecting a baby to be born any day now but my work does not want to allow me to have even a day or two off without it counting against me. I live in Arkansas and want to know if I legally have the right to miss a day or two of work for the birth of my child with out it counting against me.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Apr 17, 2013, 10:00 AM
    Arkansas does not have a state law governing paternity leave.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 17, 2013, 03:27 PM
    You MIGHT get this covered under FMLA. But that is generally for longer term leaves and its unpaid. Unless your company has a paternity leave policy, you will have to use part of your allocated time off benefit.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2013, 04:22 PM
    Also, FMLA only applies to companies of a certain size - I believe over 50 employees. I would recommend you use some vacation time or go to your boss and ask for a couple of days unpaid leave. And what do you mean by it "counting against you". Do you mean you have to take it as vacation or sick leave, or that you won't be paid, or that it will be a disciplinary matter?

If they will charge you the time as vacation, sick or unpaid, please know that is normal. If they will reprimand you for it, I would look for a new job - that's what you call an a-hole employer!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unmarried fathers rights [ 11 Answers ]

What rights do I have with my unborn baby after he/she is born, and how do I go about obtaining these rights? The mother and I are both young and in college and do not know each other very well, but both of us agreed to have and keep the baby. What are the typical visitation rights in Georgia once...

Unmarried fathers rights [ 1 Answers ]

My son has a 3 year old son and is living with the child's mother. He wants to separate from her (they are not married), but he is so afraid that she might take off with him and leave the state. He is laid off at the time & takes care of him most of the time. They have two completely different...

Unmarried fathers rights [ 1 Answers ]

What rights does my son have as an unmarried perent of seeing his child

FL Unmarried Fathers Rights [ 7 Answers ]

I'm an unmarried father of a 6 y/o little boy. My ex and I were together for 7 years before she left me for another man. She took my son in the middle of the night out of our home we established together. The last time I saw my son was on Easter. I didn't hear from my ex for 6 months. The only way...

Unmarried fathers rights [ 17 Answers ]

I am upset about my baby daddy. He is demanding that he see his son. He is the legal father by the way and is paying child support. We both live in Illinois. He only came out to my house twice to see his son and when he comes out he lies about taking us out to eat. I paid the last time he came out...

View more questions Search